2011 Birthday Bourbon

burghguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Getting ready to take the plunge on the 2011 Birthday Bourbon. Anyone who's had it care to offer an opinion? Is this year a "keeper."

Getting ready to take the plunge on the 2011 Birthday Bourbon. Anyone who's had it care to offer an opinion? Is this year a "keeper."

I picked up a couple of bottles but have not tried it yet.

There is a person on the board who posts as Josh who has had some words to say on it. Not sure if you can trust his taste in whiskey but he's got one hell of a big brain memory when it comes to mash bills :lol: .

There is a person on the board who posts as Josh who has had some words to say on it. Not sure if you can trust his taste in whiskey but he's got one hell of a big brain memory when it comes to mash bills :lol: .

:lol: :lol: Yes indeed. And after reading his comments, I'm itching to try it.

I picked up a bottle today, and have been relishing it this Halloween evening. A fantastic addition to the series. For those that found the the 2009 and 2010 to be too big a stretch from the standard bourbon profile, you should really like the 2011, I believe. I happen to really like those two iterations for their out-of-the-box flavor presentations, but I can understand the feelings. The 2011 is more mainstream, but delivers those flavors in big quantity. FWIW, I really like what OF does with these yearly BB releases.

As I've posted before, this year's expression is much better than those of the last few years and, IMO, one of the best of the series. Definitely one to try.

I picked up a bottle today, and have been relishing it this Halloween evening. A fantastic addition to the series. For those that found the the 2009 and 2010 to be too big a stretch from the standard bourbon profile, you should really like the 2011, I believe. I happen to really like those two iterations for their out-of-the-box flavor presentations, but I can understand the feelings. The 2011 is more mainstream, but delivers those flavors in big quantity. FWIW, I really like what OF does with these yearly BB releases.

I'm with Joe on this one. I think it's a keeper.

I have a 2010, picked mine up just a few weeks ago at Goody Goody in the Colony. I would suspect they will show up soon.

I'll be asking my local higher end place to order a few for me.

Heck I never saw a 2010 either. Actually the only OFBB I've bought in Dallas was a lone 2003 and an ample supply of 2009, which are still on the shelf at Spirits.

As did Goody Goody in the Colony a month ago. I had to look it up to see what year I had, and I do have a 2010.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.