What does a retailer have to do to get part of the Pappy allocation?

MarkEdwards
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just curious - what does a retailer have to do to get part of the Pappy allocations? Why do some retailers seem to have a decent stock and other never carry it?

Same as how we get it from the retailer. Having a history of relationship with them.

In talking to the guys at the store I frequent, this is how they have basically managed to do it. They remember not long ago when they could pretty much get what they ask for, and now, it get harder and harder each year.

But it all comes down to history i think.

B

For starters, I think the retailer has to actually know what it is. From my experience, I would estimate 50% of all retailers I have visited aren't even aware of it's existence. Shoot, 50% is probably low, as I think about it...

The beauty of such a high percentage of retailers oblivious to VW is that sometimes they do carry it and don't realize what they have. This may be reg VW and not Pappy, but I'll take what I can get whenever I can find it. I've found 10/107 and lot B in some real shitholes. Same goes for btac, btec, and single oak.

For starters, I think the retailer has to actually know what it is. From my experience, I would estimate 50% of all retailers I have visited aren't even aware of it's existence. Shoot, 50% is probably low, as I think about it...

Joe, I think 50% is way low. I've had many more give me a blank stare, dead silence over the phone, and just a plain "huh?" than know what the hell I'm talking about. It's not just Pappy either.

They have to support 'core' Sazerac products in a big way. Does the store sell lots of ER10yr? They better, along with the many non-Bourbon Sazerac products.

They have to support 'core' Sazerac products in a big way. Does the store sell lots of ER10yr? They better, along with the many non-Bourbon Sazerac products.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to try a PVW 15. But I won't pay ebay prices to do so.

Every place I have looked either don't carry or out of stock.

This includes ORVW 90 and 107.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.