Woodford reserve vs knob creek

trumpstylz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What's your preference? I figure they're duking it out in the same price range so I might ask and see what people thought.

Add another for Knob Creek. Check out the single barrel reserve, it steps the quality up and is worth the extra $.

My preliminary vote is for KC. The last time I had WR I wasn't impressed, but that was a while ago. I'll have to give it another try. I've had KC recently and thought it was very good.

Just had a bit of both, and I would have to give the slight edge to KC, but WR is decent, but depending on the bottle can seem a bit overpriced. I've had bottles of WR that have blown me away, and others than were less than "meh".

I vote Woodford. Woodford is distinctive. Knob Creek is good but is like so many other products.

I had a double of WR at the Orlando airport last month and found it waxy and thin. Also, it had a synthetic taste to it that I couldn't warm up to. As it sat in the glass it got quite a bit better, but I'm not going to buy it again.

I like KC but probably won't be getting it anytime soon, either. Too easy to drink!

I don't mind KC. Just had the single barrel 60% which is similar profile to reg KC just not cut as much. The only beam product i really enjoy is bookers.

There is such wisdom in BB's post.

I'm not sure I would necessarily choose WF over KC if offered to me (probably a 50/50 choice), but I do know I would pick out the WF in a blind tasting. Because, as BB says, it is distinctive. That's why I love Woodford. There really is no other bourbon on the market like it. I think we sometimes get hung up on some sort of "quintessential" bourbon profile, and if something deviates from that, we tend to dismiss it. Woodford is different. That's why I think it's great. And, I hope they never change it.

Great description here, I have to agree. I like WR quite a bit, it has this deep black licorice taste that I pick up on that I have never found in another bourbon, its really distinctive and unique. On the other hand KC is a good bourbon too, lots of caramel and a little bit of spice in it, however the KCSB is fantastic. I like to have them all in my rotation, but find myself going for the WR less than the others, just because it is more unique, I somewhat have to prepare myself for it, or be in the right mood, if that makes sense.

I like 'em both and have an open bottle of each in my bar. If I had to choose, I'd probably go with KC, but Woodford is awfully good to me.

I go for the WR. Just because it's got that licorice taste to it, which I love.

KC all the way.......

I'm honestly perplexed by the love for Woodford. I use to think it was mostly newbies who liked it, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I like them both, but I would probably take KC over WF more times than not. There are times, though, that WF just hits the spot perfectly. I'm never without either in the house.

Taste is purely subjective. I love raw oysters, but most of my friends can't stand to look at them, let alone eat them. I really like WR, and always have a bottle on hand. I have not had the KCSB, sounds like I need to try one.

KC because that's what I got for Christmas (I have raised my sons well)

Don't spend my own money on either as I like other brands as well or better that cost less.

I'm often faced with this choice, but it's mostly in bad restaurants. I usually pass on both, and if there's no Turkey, I simply groan and order white label with 1 ice cube.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.