Bourbon, Cigars and Jazz

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Leslie and I are considering purchasing tickets to this event on Friday evening of the Bourbon Festival. I would like to get comments from those of you who have attended in the past. Who is in attendance? What bourbons and cigars are offered? Do you feel like you got your monies worth? ($70 this year, ouch shocked.gif ) Anyone planning on going this year?

Jeff,

That event is sponsored by Heaven Hill...I have not been (to this event) simply because I run the booth (on the grounds of Spalding Hall) for Heaven Hill that entire weekend...

Koji has been to it...

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

Jeff,

I attended two years ago and met Forbes there. We sat at the same table by coincidence. The event was at the clubhouse of the golf course. When you entered, you got a gift bag with a magazine, a cutter and two macanudo cigars. The bourbons were all Heaven Hill. They served Evan Williams black, Elija Craig 12 and 18, the single barrel (?) etc. They were very generous and their was no limit. If you want mixers or sours forget it. Its pretty much neat, rocks and water. The food was Cajun themed with crayfish, ettouffee, jambalaya and barbecue. Food was OK. The Macando Bus was there and you get one more cigar with your admission to the bus. It wasn't there last year. They had a pretty decent jazz band that took long breaks. It really started to clear out around 10 or so. No real diehards. Worth $70? Not really. It was a nice evening. Dress code was suit and tie.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bettye Jo, smile.gif

Yes,I was there last year!Had a drink with Marvin.

I had a good time,but the weather was terrible.I didn't know it rained that hard in Bardstown skep.gif

Pricewise I am sorry but I was there as Press,taking photos and drinking bourbon as a job(really I worked sort of)so I haven't had a seet for food.

Hope to meet someone there this year too.

Koji lol.gif

Hi Koji,

Ohhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhh grin.gifgrin.gif That's our very own, "Marvin

Darlin" grin.gifLookin Sharp Dude grin.gifgrin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.