Help Finding Bourbon Reviews

Creggor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello, I have been trying to find additional and crediable reviews of Bourbons. I have the info from The Spirit Journal. Tastings.com and the results from the World Spirit Competion held this past Sept. in Ca. Can anyone advise me any other ratings that maybe available. Thanks in advance. Creggor.

Hello, I am finding out I will go broke trying all the various Bourbons on the market. So to help myself I sought out reviews and opinions of others. The Spirit Journal and The Beverage Tasting Institute. Reading there reviews and cross checking them with others opinions in here has helped me narrow down what I wanted to acquire. Are there any other crediable reviews that any form member feel are worthy.. Or is it just buy what you like and the heck with what anyone else thinks. I was trying to avoid a shotgun approach..Thanks, Creggor

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Creggor, set aside a couple or three evenings (or maybe all day Sunday), sit down in front of your computer with a bottle of a favorite bourbon and a glass, and start reading the posts on this forum. Not just the current events (*ESPECIALLY* not SOME of the current events) but all the past topics. There are well over 3,000 messages here, including reviews and discussions of nearly every whiskey you have or have heard of. This forum is the single best source of the info you're looking for, but you have to search for it. The nature of our discussions (and our personalities) guarantee that the messages will wander all over the place and drift into topics often much different than what you might expect from the subject line. You'll have to read 'em all to really understand, but I'll bet you'll be glad you did.

=John=

http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey

Hello, John. I do believe your right. I have already read hundreds of various post the past few weeks and always find them interesting to say the least. I will continue to read them and learn from them. The biggest problem right now is trying to decide what is my favorite Bourbon as most of what Iv'e had lately is much better than the Jim Beam & Jack Daniels I started with years ago. Yours words of wisdom are appreciated and noted. Creggor.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

There are two other publications I also find useful: The Malt Advocate and Whisky Magazine. They both include tasting notes in each issue. Whisky Magazine has a Web site which includes all previous tastings--but they are only a couple years old so are heavier in Scotch ratings right now than Bourbon.

There are also several books by Gary (& his wife Mardee) Regan and Jim Murray which have tasting notes. BTW, my preferred periodical is the Spirit Journal.

John A. Dube

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.