Current High West Rezendevous Rye's

trumpstylz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guess for those folks that means Willett, PVW, Vintage et al are of lesser ilk too? :rolleyes:

Haha.......

While I have THE expert for high west, does it ever make it to northern Kentucky? Party Source or otherwise. I haven't run across any yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested in this as well. I'd love to try some of the High West products, but I've never seen anything around here (or anywhere else on my travels along the east coast for that matter). You guys should bring some High West here and do a tasting for Cincinnati-area folks. :grin:

Really not "THE expert". That'd be David Perkins. But, when it comes to what markets we're in, I guess I'm the guy. We are currently reviewing options for a KY distributor. I fully suspect we'll be in the Bluegrass State by mid-year.

Stay tuned!

I'm interested in this as well. I'd love to try some of the High West products, but I've never seen anything around here (or anywhere else on my travels along the east coast for that matter). You guys should bring some High West here and do a tasting for Cincinnati-area folks. :grin:

Our search for options in KY go hand-in-hand with Ohio. Although liquor is all controlled by the state, it'd probably be better for us to be aligned with a distributor there.

Having sold my wines in OH & KY I can tell you I miss visiting the markets!

Our search for options in KY go hand-in-hand with Ohio. Although liquor is all controlled by the state, it'd probably be better for us to be aligned with a distributor there.

Having sold my wines in OH & KY I can tell you I miss visiting the markets!

I actually live in Ohio but never really look for anything here any more. I am sure dealing with Ohio from your side of the business must be a huge headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woo-Hoo! Finally, we have something in MN that isn't in KY yet. Normally it seems like we have quite the wait for things to trickle up north...if at all.

It certainly is nice to have Mat in our corner of the world.

But then again Mike, I know you have things there that are not here. :grin:

B

I'm about half way through my bottle. Does anyone get a very strong dill aroma and flavor? I swear the nose is almost like an open jar of Claussen pickles.

I have had a bottle of the Rezendevous Rye, but haven't opened it yet. I didn't care for their Double Rye or Silver Western Oat when I opened those recently. I don't like ryes that are overly "grassy" in flavor.

I'm about half way through my bottle. Does anyone get a very strong dill aroma and flavor? I swear the nose is almost like an open jar of Claussen pickles.

Dave - you are picking up some of the 'briny' notes that tend to be found in the younger LDI ryes.

Dave - you are picking up some of the 'briny' notes that tend to be found in the younger LDI ryes.

Interesting. It is very pronounced. It seems the flavors from the 16 yr play much more of a secondary role. I actually like the whiskey -- it's just much different from any other rye I've had.

I think its mostly because the rezendevous "is not distilled by them."

Which I feel to be a stupid argument- good stuff is good no matter where it comes from.

And I think I remember Hansell taking a lot of flack and controversy for giving them Whisk(e)y pioneer of the year.

Agree, that's what turns me off from younger LDI ryes: the distinctive rotten vinegar/pickle brine aroma and taste. Other describe it as "pine" or "wintergreen" but it doesn't appear that way to my palate; instead it's more like a batch of spoiled kombucha. My bottle of Willett 4 year rye (110 proof) continues to languish on the shelf, in spite of my best attempts to convince myself that it's drinkable. But the young LDI ryes garner endless love on SB, so I'm clearly in the minority with my criticism.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.