Why I ask...Why did I finish a bottle of Old Overholt?

Billy Bourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Gotta ask. I'm about to finish a bottle of Old Overholt Rye Whiskey in one sitting. That's right, a 750ML on this Friday night. Am I alone? Maybe I'm a lush? I have bad taste? I don't know. But the bottle is almost empty and I'm good enough to ask if anyone has experienced a similar result with this Rye. Been tasting the hundy proofs here lately and I manned up for the Rye for somthin different. All good!

Let me say this.... It's all good in Evansville tonight. The Allman Brothers are roaring and Pink Floyd just exited on YouTube. Maybe I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Yes, I'm a noob. But where is the love? The way I see it, if this man is happy, it's all good.... Maybe this newb is flat out fucking wrong....For me, it comes down to what a man can lay down and pick up. Are you with me? I ain't eloquent, that's fo certain....

Old Overholt is good stuff. Was better in its former 100 proof version. If you liked Old Overholt that much, see if you can find a bottle of Rittenhouse Rye or Wild Turkey Rye. You'll be amazed.

I'll pass on the Overholt. I drank one bottle that was given to me, bought another for mixing because the person who gave it to me likes it with gingerale, and was coming to the house for an evening of football.

I finally gave the rest of the bottle to my brother. I don't mix my whiskey with anything, so, I figured someone else might as well have it.:grin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.