What can you get at your Costco?

Brisko
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Based on what I've read in various comments here and there, it seems like not all Costco Liquor stores carry the same stock.

So for those of you who have access to Costco, would you mind listing some of the better deals, and where you're located?

The Costco nearest my house, in Maple Grove, MN has a small bourbon and scotch selection but the prices are good and the stock changes fairly regularly. I haven't been in there for a while, so I don't remember all of the prices, but the last time I was there they had:

• EC18 for about $40 (looked like all from 1990)
  • Maker's 1.75L for around $40
  • Woodford for <$30
  • JW Black 1L for just over $30
  • JW Red 1.75 (not sure of price)

They also had Glenlivet Nadurra for a while, around $50 but those are gone. I believe they still have the Kirkland labeled bourbon too.

What do you all see?

The Chicago-area Costcos are pretty consistent. If memory serves, they generally offer:

• 1L Buffalo Trace for $25*
  • 1L Kirkland Signature Small Batch (Beam) for $20
  • 1.75L Maker's Mark ~$40
  • 750ml Maker's 46 <$30
  • 750ml Woodford Reserve <$30
  • 750ml Knob Creek <$30

*I've only seen this at the Bolingbrook location, where it was introduced last fall. Haven't been to another location over that time span.

I'm thinking they may also offer a 1.75 of Beam White for ~$22.

What I have seen lately at Nor Cal Costco locations in addition to what is already listed above.....

1.75L Eagle Rare 10 $36ish

2-pack of 1 Basil Hayden and 1 Bookers $68

PHC # 2 27yr $135

Ritt 25 $145ish

Willet 3 & 5 yr rye $30

Nothing yet, hasn't been built, but they are breaking ground soon!

Just hope some of those killer priced Ritt's and PHC make it here. One can hope.:rolleyes:

B

The Chicago-area Costcos are pretty consistent. If memory serves, they generally offer:

• 1L Buffalo Trace for $25*
  • 1L Kirkland Signature Small Batch (Beam) for $20
  • 1.75L Maker's Mark ~$40
  • 750ml Maker's 46 <$30
  • 750ml Woodford Reserve <$30
  • 750ml Knob Creek <$30

*I've only seen this at the Bolingbrook location, where it was introduced last fall. Haven't been to another location over that time span.

I'm thinking they may also offer a 1.75 of Beam White for ~$22.

No Buffalo Trace at the Costco nearest me in Mt. Prospect Il. They had Woodford but been gone for more than a year. They have Knob and Maker's plus a ton of Kirkland. I also recall Gentleman Jack in addition to Jack and Jim white. The Sam's Club near me is even worse with just Jim and Jack. Vodka and Tequila dominate, with so many east European or Mexican immigrants in this part of Chicagoland and these two chains are experts at figuring out specific inventory needs.

Makers 46 and woodford for 30. Knob creek for 25, and I think makers mark handles for 35 or 40.

They also started carrying their own line of 100% agave tequila- 19 bucks for a handle.

I live in San Antonio, TX, and the carry 1.75's of WT 101 and WLW 90prf. I go through about 1 handle of the WLW a month; its priced at around 31.99 when not on sale.

Interesting. Sounds like Bolingbrook, Oakbrook and Naperville do not quite equal "Chicagoland"! :)

Surprised no MM by you -- when I used to shop the Lincoln Park and Niles locations years ago, they had it. And MM46 has been a staple at the three locations above since launch.

No Buffalo Trace at the Costco nearest me in Mt. Prospect Il. They had Woodford but been gone for more than a year. They have Knob and Maker's plus a ton of Kirkland. I also recall Gentleman Jack in addition to Jack and Jim white. The Sam's Club near me is even worse with just Jim and Jack. Vodka and Tequila dominate, with so many east European or Mexican immigrants in this part of Chicagoland and these two chains are experts at figuring out specific inventory needs.

My Costco has a good selection of wine and a small selection of beer, but no spirits. This is the Deep South.

Tim

I live in San Antonio, TX, and the carry 1.75's of WT 101 and WLW 90prf. I go through about 1 handle of the WLW a month; its priced at around 31.99 when not on sale.

Well not really. Since you are in Texas, you are buying from a liquor store that is attached to a Costco. It's not owned by Costco; they are run by a large Texas chain - ? maybe Western Beverages.

In some states ( CA, FL, and others), Costco sells liquor directly in their store. In these you will sometimes find Kirkland Branded (Costco house brand) tequila, bourbon, scotch, etc.

Here on the Big Island we have:

1.75s of JB white, JD black, and MM

1 liters of Kirkland Small Batch (Jim Beam 7/103)

750s of Knob Creek 120 and 90

There are also Scotch and Irish brands which I ignore.

Here in louisville ky:

MM

MM46

FRSB

BLANTONS

WOODFORD

ELIJAH 12 & 18

KC

BOOKERS

BAKERS

FR YELLOW

EWSB - Still has numerous 2000 & 2001

KIRKLAND

ER10

makers and woodford at decent prices.

They did have a 750ml of Oban single malt for $46 which was a steal.

In the Waltham MA Costco, I can remember seeing Beam White and Makers for bourbon selection, though I don't remember the prices.

I was just in the Everett MA Costco, and they just started building a liquor section (it needs to be a store-within-a-store) at least a third bigger than the one in Waltham. I'd probably try the Kirkland Signature if they carry it, but don't have much use for Beam, and I keep winning the bottle of Maker's that shows up in my office Santa Swap, so I'm set there. It'll be interesting to see if they carry a wider selection of bourbons.

I prefer smaller stores where I can make friends with the owners and staff.

Indy has WR, KC, MM, M46, JBW, Kirkland, EC18, JD, and Gentleman J. They just picked up EC recently. I'm hoping it sells well for them and they bring in more HH products since the lineup is mostly Beam for the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

We spent the winter in our RV on a Sunbelt tour. Visited Costco stores in Brandon FL, Houston TX, El Paso TX, and Tucson AZ. Some of them sell liquor in the store and some sell at the store (i.e., you have to exit the main store and enter a separate door). Bottom line, some of the liquor stores are run by independent parties who just happen to share a wall with the Costco store. Selection varies widely. The Kirkland Small Batch Bourbo (made by Beam) is available in some stores but not at those independently run attached to Costco. Is that confusing enough? My wife and I find the Kirkland Bourbon at $20 a liter to be not only quality juice but an excellent value.

The Tallahassee Fl. Costco has a shop for Spirits that shares a wall with the big store. Wine and beer are sold in the store. It's apparently owned and staffed by Costco and the Bourbon selection is terrible. Makers, Makers 46, Beam White and the Kirkland branded Beam are the extent of the Bourbon. Plenty of Jack and Crown. There is lots of Scotch but I never paid attention to which ones.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.