Are You Ready For Old Bushmills Honey?

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This is embarassing. Old Bushmills is coming out with a honey-flavored blended Irish whiskey. The embarassing part? They're making it exclusively for the U.S. market.

Honey flavored nail polish remover has to be a step up from the plain stuff, no?

This is embarassing. Old Bushmills is coming out with a honey-flavored blended Irish whiskey. The embarassing part? They're making it exclusively for the U.S. market.

This made me spontaneously break out in "I'm proud to be an American..."

Maybe this stuff will actually be drinkable. The regular is drain cleaner.

Thomas

If you don't like Bushmills you won't like this but if you do, you might. The whiskey definitely cuts through, which is a good thing. In that it is unlike the Jack Daniel's Honey, in which the whiskey is completely masked. The Bushmills is simple and not overly sweet. It tastes like Bushmills whiskey with a little bit of very high quality honey. The bottle is nice and the spirit is a pretty color, so all in all, not bad.

The press kit came loaded onto a USB embedded in a log, which I enjoyed.

post-5-14489817748312_thumb.jpg

I'm not overly fond of Bushmills Original, but I do like the Black Bush quite well. The Malt 10 and 16 are also very good. I haven't had the pleasure of tasting the 21.

I'm not a fan of any flavored whiskies, so I'll probably just pass on this one, too. :grin:

I'm not overly fond of Bushmills Original, but I do like the Black Bush quite well. The Malt 10 and 16 are also very good. I haven't had the pleasure of tasting the 21.

I'm not a fan of any flavored whiskies, so I'll probably just pass on this one, too. :grin:

I love Black Bush too but will pass on the honey. I'm still staring at a bottle of WT Honey that I bought a few years ago in an attempt to coax my wife into the world of whiskey. Needless to say, I failed in the endeavor. She's strictly a gin and tonic girl to this day.

I love Black Bush too but will pass on the honey. I'm still staring at a bottle of WT Honey that I bought a few years ago in an attempt to coax my wife into the world of whiskey. Needless to say, I failed in the endeavor. She's strictly a gin and tonic girl to this day.

I too am not a fan of flavored whiskey, but I liked to put WT Honey in the freezer. Every once in a while, that hit the spot.

About the only one I haven't had is Evan Williams. And the Red Stag, which isn't out yet. I have two criteria. Tastes good, yes or no. Tastes like whiskey, yes or no.

Bushmills: yes - yes

Turkey: yes - no

Seagrams 7: yes - no

Jack Daniel's: no - no

Am I missing somebody?

Got a bottle of this today. Had a 6.00 rebate. My wife likes EW honey reserve and seemed to like this too. She says it actually makes Bushmills drinkable. I haven't tried it yet!

Thomas

• 10 months later...

The Evan Williams and the Jack Daniels honeys were both - for me - Gaaaaaaack. If anyone had told me that I was being given a sip of Robitussin, I would not have doubted in for an instant.

I am very hopeful about the Bushmils Irish Honey, but I can't spend 1/4 of a C-note to try something that might be equally disappointing. Has anyone here also been appalled by the Evan Williams and the Jack Daniels honeys but liked the Bushmills?

Thank you for your time.

Ah done broke down an' bought it. Was $19.40 in VA anyway, instead of $25 at the DC store. I was quite pleased! It was not cloying or syrupy, nor did it give an impression of artificiality. It had a sweetness that I liked, the honey accent was there but done right, and the whiskey blend worked with it excellently.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.