Another Question ....

WEG3
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

confused.gif

Is there anyone here that would be willing to try to explain how Bourbon after it has been created and bottled is distirbuted to our favorite bottle shop?

I am not sure if it's the fact of living in this State crazy.gif , (Peoples Republic Of MassawtwoShutts)or that I live on the wrong side of the line shocked.gifor maybe the fobblies of the business confused.gif....

Just cann't understand why a distributor would not want to see a product expand in sales ? banghead.gif

Bill G,

Bottle shop is not able to get orders filled ...like more ORVW10 and 15yr 107 .........

I can't really answer your question, but I can say that the U.S. liquor distribution business / system is still messed up badly by the after effects of Prohibition. Every state has its own patchwork of regulations, taxes, partnerships, etc that mess up the concept of free enterprise and interstate commerce.

A Federal circuit court has already ruled that some of the states' regulations violate interstate commerce principles for the wine business. I don't know when or even whether this ruling will have a real practical effect. It is even a further stretch to foresee the ruling applied to the spirits business, even though the principles are exactly the same. skep.gif

Tim

WEG3,

I give it my best shot. From what I've been told if you live in a state that controls liquor they tell the distributors how much, what to charge, and even go so far in some states if it doesn't sell in a certain length of time it is sent back to the distillery for credit. As you can see this can be a real pain in the ass and a lot of paperwork for the distillery. That is why VOB is not sold in some states. And that is probably why you can't get Van Winkle since his merger with Buffalo Trace. Whenever state has control we all pay in one way or another. I am sure that other people can give you a better explaination than this but I hope that this helps you out.

Cheers,

Marvin

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.