A Bourbon Documentary , a visit and questions...

mattd
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello All!

My name is Matthew Dorris and I work with a production company called Essex Television. We are coming down to Memphi next week to do some shooting, including some shooting of the Jack Daniels distillery. What are some other places we should hit up? We want to meet and talk to Bourbon enthusiasts wink.gif and get a feel for the community and culture behind bourbon. Any good bars people could recommend? Anyone feel like chatting with a producer and some camera men? Please email me at mattd@essextelevision.com if you are interested, and you can check out Essex's website at http://www.essextelevision.com

looking forward to hearing from some of you! Thanks.

matthew dorris

Matthew,

If you wish to do a documentary on Bourbon, you are going to the wrong state friend.

Jack Daniel's is a cousin of bourbon and is a Tennessee whiskey. Visit Kentucky, better yet come see us during The Bourbon Festival, Sept. 18-21, in Bardstown, KY. You can go on tours of several nearby distilleries.

Cheers,

Omar

Well, Matthew, first of all you should go to Bourbon country if you want to talk to Bourbon enthusiasts. I suggest you study this board a while and then schedule a trip to Kentucky. Then, come visit a bunch of us Bourbon enthusiasts in mid-September --and I assure you lol.gif, we ain't heading to Tennessee!

Doh! *face turns red*

Sorry, someone passed this on to me and mis-informed me =)

Hrmmm, well in that case I guess my question is the same, it just needs to be re-worded. My associates will still be going to Tennessee, and still looking for interesting spots. So if any of you have any whiskey or bourbon related spots that can't be missed in Tennessee, let me know =)

Thanks for the info!

Matthew Dorris

Keep the Faith Brother! All is not lost, Do your film in Tennessee , Then plan to further explore the fine realm of Bourbon Culture with us In Bardstown in September. Now that you are a forum member you are in to get to go on some marvelous tour that Omar will put together. Last year it was Labrot and Graham and Buffalo Trace with pre release sampling of Pot stilled Bourbon and George T Stagg. grin.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.