Tomatin 18

weller_tex
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What do y'all think of Tomatin 18. That has become may favorite sherried Single Malt. It's a fruit bonanza, with a strong hint of pineapple. Sounds weird but it's very good. The 12 year is also a good bargain.

I quite liked the Tomatin 18, though I wouldn't call it my favorite sherried malt. There are simply too many other excellent sherried malt whiskies in the running. In any case, here are my tasting notes from the Tomatin 18, posted elsewhere.

..well there was a 1968 Longmorn that I got as a Christmas present that I liked better, but that cost $180. Maybe I should have said favorite under $100. I like the Tomatin better than Glenfarclas (15 and 105), Glendronach 12 and 15, and Aberlour 18 and Abunadh.

I quite liked the Tomatin 18, though I wouldn't call it my favorite sherried malt. There are simply too many other excellent sherried malt whiskies in the running. In any case, here are my tasting notes from the Tomatin 18, posted elsewhere.

Nice tasting notes.

..well there was a 1968 Longmorn that I got as a Christmas present that I liked better, but that cost $180. Maybe I should have said favorite under $100. I like the Tomatin better than Glenfarclas (15 and 105), Glendronach 12 and 15, and Aberlour 18 and Abunadh.

Fair enough, but even not counting extremely old or expensive releases, I've personally enjoyed the Aberlour A'bunadh, Dailuaine 16 year-old Flora & Fauna, and the Arran 15th Anniversary as much or more (which only says how great all of these bottles are, because I was really quite impressed with the Tomatin 18).

Nice tasting notes.

Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.