Where Am I?

mrviognier
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Rats. I should have checked another social media site before guessing. Since I know the location now, I'll refrain from spilling the beans! :cool:

Tucker's got it! Char No. 4.

What a great place. The folks here are amazing ambassadors of Bourbon. The food is equally amazing. Glad I finally had the opportunity to spend some time here...and it won't be the last time. If you're visiting NYC, you owe it to yourself to make a trip out to Char No. 4.

Adding it to my "wish list" for the three nights we'll be in New York this summer. The wife is insisting on Momofuku; this might be the perfect balancer for me.... :cool:

Tucker's got it! Char No. 4.

What a great place. The folks here are amazing ambassadors of Bourbon. The food is equally amazing. Glad I finally had the opportunity to spend some time here...and it won't be the last time. If you're visiting NYC, you owe it to yourself to make a trip out to Char No. 4.

The manager bought me a pour of 4R Super Premium for my birthday :bigeyes::cool:

You told them it was or did they card you?

You told them it was or did they card you?

I actually posted on their Facebook wall about coming there on my birthday :grin: When they saw I knew my way around bourbon, they instantly knew it was me!

Dang... I was just checking out the prices.

http://charno4.com/menu/wine-and-whiskey/

I have no idea why they think they'll get away with a $200 2oz. serving of WLW, when Pappy 23 is $60 for the same amount. Heck, compared to the prices for the other Old Rip products, the Pappy 23 is an outright bargain.

My bad...I thought the BTAC WLW was on the order of 18/19 years. Guess it was Stagg I was thinking of.

Still $20 for ORVW 10/107 ($40 bottle here) vs. $60 for Pappy 23 ($250+) means either the Pappy is cheap or the ORVW is expensive. I'd have to lean towards the latter I guess, since it seems that mainly the 2oz pours are 1/4 to 1/3 the retail price of a bottle.

I believe WLW is in the 14 year range. The Weller 19 is 90 proof S-W juice

My first grade teacher Mrs. Paschua used to call on people in the class to read out loud from the text book. Most of her students couldn't read very well, and many couldn't keep up with the class reading, so when they were called upon, they didn't know where to start.

"Where are we?" was the common question when a kid who was spacing out didn't know where to begin. Mrs. Paschua was a first generation Polish immigrant with white hair in a ponytail, thick glasses and a thicker accent. The exasperation she expressed in her answer to the poor child who wasn't paying enough attention to know where to start reading was priceless.

"We're in the United States of America!" she would huff, serious and emotional in her delivery. Man, that used to crack me up. Not out loud... I think, but I will never forget it.

mrviognier, I'm willing to bet you're in the United States of America!

And I'll be sure to hit Char No. 4 next time I visit NY. I lived in NYC for 8 years, but moved away 9 years ago now (makes me feel old). This was before I had the time or money to drink well, though not knowing how to drink well certainly didn't stop me from drinking, did it?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.