Top Ten Emerging Whisky Trends

StraightNoChaser
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2012/05/top-10-emerging-whisky-trends/

Double charred barrels, whisky scocieties, double distilled Irisih whiskey and more...

...the drinks business was able to gauge the current whisky market and assess some likely trends to emerge in the next few years,

Based on those displaying at the Whisky Lounge event in London, we have a compiled a top 10 whisky trends that emerged at the trade show and could have a major impact on the industry in the years to come.

In Europe I think bourbon/rye will trend a lot more in the future

Right now it's a lot of uphill but as people get used to this catagory and realsie the quality for money available here (scotch is getting expensive)

Steffen

Thanks for posting, but I hate these "slideshow" web pages. Why do they do this? Just to increase web page count hits; all about ads?

Depending on your browser, there is probably a plugin available to deconstruct slideshows when detected.

Google is your friend.

One of the trends was recreating whisky recipes of the past. Funny they didn't mention BT remaking the Old Taylor bourbon recipe using white corn!

Thomas

I think the biggest trend included was the marketing to the female audience. 50+ percent of the population has been ignored for a long time.

Thanks for posting, but I hate these "slideshow" web pages. Why do they do this? Just to increase web page count hits; all about ads?

I totally agree. Having them condensed on one page makes a lot more sense. But more hits = more ad exposures = more $$$ so they do what makes money

Some people seem to assume that the white corn bourbon BT put down for Taylor a couple of years ago will be Taylor when it comes of age. The evidence suggests otherwise. That was a one-off. They haven't made any more of it. It was, I think I heard, three barrels worth. It will be like the old fashioned sour mash, an authentic historic artifact but a one-off, not a regular product.

The speculation is that the recently released barrel proof 7-year-old is going to be the 'standard' E. H. Taylor, at least for the time being. I kind-of thought they we're going to make all the Taylor's BIB, since he was instrumental in passing the BIB Act, but I guess not.

I also wonder if they'll ever kill off the bottom-shelf Taylor?

What recipe did they use for Old Taylor? The original or a Buffalo Trace recipe!

Thomas

This new release is the BT rye-recipe bourbon mash bill. The only things they've made that are Taylor-specific are the one-off sour mash and the one-off white corn.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.