Best Bourbon On the Planet!!!

Marvin
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Here's a challange for everyone! You have to pick one bourbon as the world's best and it has to be a bourbon that is readily available-no limited editions. Remember now, one bourbon only. Tough "ain't it"? banghead.gifbanghead.gif I will start it off and here's my pick - Buffalo Trace. This is really hard as there are so many good ones lol.gifbanghead.gif

Cheers,

Marvin

If price isn't an option and you consider this 'readily available':

Pappy Van Winkle 20 year yum.gif

Jim Beam. When I was at the Civil War museum with Mr Ed and Marvin, I spent a little time throwing back a little Booker's with Booker and Jerry Dalton. For a few minutes, the only distillery in the world was Jim Beam. I guess what I'm saying is if it came down to one and only one , it would be that. drink.gif

Van Winkle 15 yo. But I haven't had the 20 yo Pappy, so I reserve the right to change my mind at some later point.

Have yet to try Stagg - out of the ones I have access to, it is a two horse race, between Rock Hill Farms and Bookers. Depends on my mood. Bookers is a kick ass take names kind of deal, where Rock Hill Farms is smooth and very refined. In my opinion though you can have too much of a good thing so there is always a place for Jim Beam white and Four Roses, just to remind you how good the good stuff is!

Given the "readily available" criteria, I am going to consider only those bourbons that I can get at a local liquor store, so those wonderful Van Winkle products are out, as well as a number of others. frown.gif

But, I can do fine with Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit! cool.giflol.gif

Bob

Best bourbon available almost anywhere?

I have access to most of the Van Winkle products here, but it appears that others may not. So in the interests of fair play I'll go with Kentucky Spirit, and if you can't find THAT one, I'm sorry for you. You need to move.

If Van Winkle bourbon is allowed? I'll say the 12 year old 'Lot B'. I haven't had the 20 or 23 year, so I reserve the right to change my mind...but this 12 year old 'Lot B' bourbon sure suits me.

Does A.H. Hirsch 16 fit the criteria? It's no longer being made, but it's still widely available confused.gif

If not, I pick Pappy 20. It's nothing short of spectacular! yum.gif

Seems like we have similar tastes... I too love Hirsch 16, but said Pappy 20 because of the Hirsch not being produced anymore. It will be a sad day when all the Hirsch is gone saaad.gif , but I'm pretty set... I've got 10 or more bunkered away for when that day comes, or when the price begins to soar.

Me too, I like Four Roses for an occassional change. Now if they would just release their Super Premium here in the US, maybe more of us would be saying we like Four Roses, that is some great stuff!

Maybe I was a little harsh to name Four roses like that. After it is hardly offensive, just totally unremarkable. However as I have Wild Turkey 12, 1855 Reserve, Rock Hill Farms and Four Roses "on the go" at the moment I have to say it is left standing by these other fine representatives.

I have just changed my mind and demoted Rare Breed from my #1 all-time favorite spot. I now rate it as tied for first with Old Forester Birthday Bourbon.

Sorry for the confusion. toast.gif

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

This is a tough question. Right now I have three favorites OFBB, EWSB, and Blantons. Of the 15-20 liquor stores here Blantons is in two, Old Forrester B-day in one and Evan Williams Single Barrel in two. Not sure if that would qualify as readily available. I drink a bunch of Wild Turkey and Russell’s Reserve but I would have to go with Elijah Craig. EC is the best bourbon value on the shelf right now. Hell they are all good in their own way. Drink up folks, so much Bourbon, so little time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.