Canadian Club Reserve age downgrade!

ThomasH
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While at a local liquor store today, I noticed Canadian Club Reserve in a new square bottle and with a 9yr. age statement. The old version came in the familiar round bottle and was a 10yr. old. This is my favorite Canadian whisky, period. Will be rounding up whatever 10yr. I can find!

Thomas

I prefer the 6yo (premium) over the 10 and 12yo. The CC 20yo is double the price of the others...but worth it imo.

• 10 months later...

I found 6 more !0yr. bottles on the shelf today. They all made their way home to my bunker!

Thomas

I found 6 more !0yr. bottles on the shelf today. They all made their way home to my bunker!Thomas

Absolutely, since its my favorite Canadian. If nothing else, it will be good for future trading!

Thomas

With so much great whisk(e)y available, bunkering CC, really? :shocked:

I first tried the CC 10 on an AA flight, with 7 Up, and thought it was the best whiskey & 7 I'd ever had. Then tried it neat, and liked it too.

So for a couple bucks more, when I got home I bought the Classic 12, and unfortunately, it wasn't as good as the 10 yr!

I stopped at a little liquor store about 3 miles from my last score of CC10 and there it was, 10 more bottles on the shelf. My bunker of CC10 instantly doubled!

Thomas

After reading your post about how much you enjoy the 10yo, then I read Gary's post about how the 9yo was not a downgrade at all...but actually improved the profile; I want to try these head to head and judge for myself.

Maybe the 9 is good, I know the 10 is, that's why I am scooping it up!

Thomas

In my case, the 10 was better than the 12, so maybe the 9 is even better. It's on my list.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.