Baltimore (Inner Harbor) recommendations

JayMonster
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Heading down to Baltimore in a couple of days. So I could use some suggestions both for dining and or bourbon shopping. I am going to be somewhat travel challenged again, so I am looking for places in and around the Inner Harbor.

Can anybody help a fella out with some tips?

The last time I was at Baltimore's Inner Harbor was 1995.

We used to visit my wife's parents every summer in MD and go there to get away from them (go figure).

But It's not like the place is super huge, just go and seek it out for yourself.

Lots of great food, the best crabcakes that I have ever had.

It's a grerat way to spend a morning or an afternoon or both.

Oh, btw, you did ask about bourbon, not much there, MD was Rye Whiskey teritory.

Thanks, I have been there before, (and you are right, little in the way of bourbon has been found so far)

Just was hoping to find the out of the way place other than the typical tourist traps. (which is why I figured it was worth asking).

I'll be happy to pick up some Rye, if I can find some since Rye is terribly difficult to come by in NJ other than Jim Beam Rye.

inner harbor itself is mostly chain/tourist stuff, but wandering a few blocks can be worth it. a few blocks north is a place called Ale Wife- great beers and good food; I don't recall the bourbon selection, but it think it was a step above the normal bar selection. a short cab ride or longish walk to Fell's Point will get you to Rye- a hipsterish but decent place that specializes in...wait for it... rye! lots of other choices in the Fell's Point area as well, it's the "party" section of town, but I don't know of any specializing in whiskey. there is also a Havana Club a couple blocks north of the inner harbor, but last I knew it was still caught under MD's stupid smoking law while pursuing an exemption; call before you go.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.