bourbon festival motel

mike1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Have been planning for my trip to the Boubon Fesitval.Last year stayed at the Ramada Inn whicn is convenient,but not nearly as nice as the Comfort Inn which I stayed at the year before. Rooms are already hard to come bye,and finally I called the 800# for the Red Carpet Inn in Bardstown and booked a room. Received a confirmation e mail, and gave my credit card to hold room.I did not get and did not expect an sort of discounted rate because of the Fesitval Two hours later received call from the Inn telling me that they would not give me the room at my confirmed price and wanted 25.00 a night more, and they were not too friendly about it either. Their 800 # offered no help except to say that they were sorry, and thy could not get the owner to give me the room at the quoted price I have written to the Bardstown tourism

commission but feel that I will get no where, and this is just an extablishemnt to avoid. Will make other housing arragements . I feel as thought I have a written contract in the form of my printed confirmation.I guess with the festival there are always some who will take advantage. Any local folks have any suggestions? At this point it is the principle more than the money banghead.gif

Further to Bobby's post, the Gen. Nelson may have rooms, but you must speak with the hotel manager directly in order to book one. She is controlling access to the remaining rooms. They are not available through Best Western.

thanks I will call. I know that the days inn has rooms and I have tentatively made arrangements there I like the bourbon festival soo much . learn so much and have such a good time

Let us know if you were still able to get a room at the Best Western. It is the best and most happening place to be for the festival, mainly because of the gazebo and all us straightbourbonites! lol.gif But in seriousness, good luck getting a room there, I know they fill up quick! That does suck what happened to you at that other place... Even at this Best Western, they list on the net business rates, but if you try getting them for only the days the festival runs (and you are there for business) they will not give you that rate.

Mike,

First, please let me apologize for the inhospitable way you were treated by the Red Carpet. That motel is not run by locals.

Also, staying at the Red Carpet (or the Days Inn) is going to put you several miles down the road from us:

Let us know if you were still able to get a room at the Best Western. It is the best and most happening place to be for the festival, mainly because of the gazebo and all us straightbourbonites!

The General Nelson (Best Western)is within stumbling distance of the Festival, and still your best bet. You might still be able to pull it off...asking for the manager...skep.gif

If not, there's a smaller, less elaborate motel right across the street from the General Nelson, called Old Kentucky Home Motel. It is actually located closer to Spalding Hall and the Festival. The number is (502) 348-5979, and I know they have rooms left, I just called. $76 for two people.

Either way, hope you find a place to stay and we look forward to seeing you!

Bj

thanks so much for everyones help. I just booked at the Old Kentucky Home. Last year went with my daughter. The year before went with my son and brother, and this year will go with my wife.Look forward to the whole thing. If anyone has any idease regarding things to do, orplaces to go, that are not the 'usual smile.gif' let me know. Once again thanks for all of the suggestions

Well, usually on Thursday, Omar (bourbonmed) sets up a tour at a distillery or two for just us straightbourbon-ites... Usually as it gets closer to festival time more info will be available. As for other things, I bought tickets last year for the Jim Beam cooking school (Thursday ngiht I think) and I enjoyed it alot. The food was great, and winning the centerpiece which was a bottle of Bookers made it even better! Also, on Friday morning, the Let's Talk Bourbon at Four Roses is very nice. And at night, just come across the street to the gazeebo at the Best Western, you're bound to find some of us there lol.gif. Not sure if you consider these things the 'usual' though since you've been there before...

Just out of curiosity, dod you try the Best Western and were the rooms all gone? I would not be at all suprised if they were...

manager was not at best western,and was told that there were no ro;oms. I will check with him on Mon. I also enjoy the Four Roses Breakfast, and the tours . I particularly liked the Buffalo Trace tour as the place looks like a place that makes wh;iskey and not a national park like some of the others. I h;ave looked for antique stores that might have some bourbon stuff and have not found any. Thanks for the info

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.