Irish whiskey prices on the rise!

ThomasH
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Was at my local store tonight and it wasn't good news. 2 of my favorites went way up in price. Jamesons 12 went up 5.00 a bottle and Redbreast 12 went up 8.00 a bottle. The bottle of Redbreast cask strength I bought this spring was only 4.00 more than the price of the 80 proof is now. Canadian club had some steep hikes too, some as much as 3.00-4.00 a 750!

Thomas

Went to a 2nd store today and more bad news: Jamesons Gold And 18yr. up 10.00 a bottle and Redbreast 15 up 15.00 abottle on August 1st.

Thomas

Harsh.

Hasnt changed around here (Redbreast at any rate) and here's hoping it doesn't!

Of course Jameson would go up-- it's the thin, overly-sweet, glycerin-laden "whiskey" that IDG makes for American sissies.

Buy Powers 12yr. Trust me on that. Excellent taste, and pretty affordable. Powers is the top Irish whiskey IN IRELAND!

Kellan, Kilbeggan, and Tullamore DEW are still pretty cheap. Give them a good look as well.

I have bottles of nearly everything available here. My favorite is tullamore Dew 12. The powers 12 as well as the regular are both excellent too!

Thomas

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.