Finger Lakes Distilling

Tucker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Its great to see Finger Lakes dig deep to sponsor the Sprint Cup race this weekend at Watkins Glen. ;)

I did not know we sponsored it. I guess I should read the article. I never read articles about us. Somebody always get something wrong.

The race has no main sponsor this year, so it is called the Finger Lakes 355.

I figure that you should be able to capitalize on that somehow. :)

Thanks for sharing the MH link. I visited FLD in May 2012 and am

very much looking forward to the release of their wheated bourbon.

The race has no main sponsor this year, so it is called the Finger Lakes 355.

I figure that you should be able to capitalize on that somehow. :)

Three grains, #5 char, aged five years. Meet the Finger Lakes 3-5-5 Bourbon!

I was fortunate enough to have a couple of samples sent to me of their rye bourbon. There are a lot of the micros cutting corners to get their products on the shelves quickly, finger lakes DOES NOT fall into that category. I had it a small tasting for my dads birthday several weeks back. It went up against some tough competition and faired very well. When the rye ad wheat bourbons are ready to hit the shelves I will be a buyer for sure. Here is the order that was placed on the bourbons we tried that night. There was no specific reason for the selection other than these were what I had open at the time. I wanted a couple of guys that were not really into bourbon get a taste of a broad spectrum of bourbons. They were tasted blind and I did not participate as I poured. As you can see the finger lakes rye faired very well against them:

-WLW 2011

-Bowman 18

-Finger lakes (rye sample) & MBR BD a very close tie for 3rd

-OGD114

-OWA (was a c&b bottling, I added water after tasting and they all liked much better)

-Makers

-W12

-BT

-PHC Congac

The fact that Finger Lakes and MBR was picked 3rd and they were not from one of the big distilleries created a lot of love from the group for these whiskeys. I will probably be buying them all bottles if I can get enough (me first though) when they are available.

The PHC finished last? Worse than Makers?

Not sure what to makeover these results.

The PHC finished last? Worse than Makers?

Not sure what to makeover these results.

The PHC did finish last. I tend to like this one because I like things that stray from the main stream, but the results were what they were. As for the makers, I am surprised it didn't finish higher with this group as it is made to be easy to drink.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.