BOTM 9/12: Evan Williams BIB AND Heaven Hill BIB

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If they're sitting next to each other on the shelf I'll get the 6yr old but the truth is I like all the HH 100 proof expressions equally.

Picked up a bottle of EW BiB last year in GA when I was visiting my mother. Don't think I paid any more than $10 and that was a steal! At the suggestion of another member I kept it in the fridge and that brought out alot of wonderful nutty flavors. This has to be the best value in non-barrel proof bourbon. It's a shame I can't find it in NY :hot:

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up a liter of the gold label BiB in Ocala, Florida for $11. First two pours were soooo delicious, like an oily corn liquor made from big, juicy corn kernels, with a bit of a minty rye kick. It's changed with air to be a lot maltier, a lot like EW1783 and Old Ezra 101. I don't like it as much but it's a great flask whiskey. Thanks, HH! I'm not sure if I've had anything superlative from them except the PHC wheater and Golden Anniversary, but they make the most dependable stuff for camping trips and the like.

• 2 months later...

I'm not normally a necro, but I brought this thread back up to comment and ask a question on this topic.

When I went through Lexington last July, I picked up some HH Old Style BIB as shown here:

2dd63733-87bc-4002-95ad-313afdb295ac_zps0fafdf59.jpg

Having already tried the HH Gold 4 yr BIB, this 6 yr was a revelation to me! As good as anything under $25, and

this was $12 for a Liter! Twice as good as the Gold Label, and just $2 more. A less woody EC 12, and what a value.

My question is, is this bottle what people refer to as the White Label BIB, or is the Old Style different?

Thanks for any info you might help me with. -- Jeff

I'm not normally a necro, but I brought this thread back up to comment and ask a question on this topic.

When I went through Lexington last July, I picked up some HH Old Style BIB as shown here:

2dd63733-87bc-4002-95ad-313afdb295ac_zps0fafdf59.jpg

Having already tried the HH Gold 4 yr BIB, this 6 yr was a revelation to me! As good as anything under $25, and

this was $12 for a Liter! Twice as good as the Gold Label, and just $2 more. A less woody EC 12, and what a value.

My question is, is this bottle what people refer to as the White Label BIB, or is the Old Style different?

Thanks for any info you might help me with. -- Jeff

There is another "White Label" BIB in the HH family, but it's the Evan Williams BIB. It's only 4 years old. Sometimes the two can get confused. I love both, but that 6 yr. is spectacular out of the fridge. :yum:

The other white has the square bottle with Evan Williams label in a color reversal of EWB, being black letters on a white label.

Thanks. Not only is the whiskey great, but I really dig the green lettering on the label.

I really do love the label (and the bourbon too!). It's throwbacky and I don't give a what in the best kind of way.

So glad the rumors of its demise that floated a while back turned out to be false. I would have been grabbing cases!

I wish this were available in the Twin Cities (if it is, I've never seen it). But we get the 8 year old, 86 proof still which is some consolation.

How does the White Label compare to Fighting Cock?

• 2 weeks later...

Am approaching the end of a the family-size HH BIB (white label) and really sorry I didn't get another when we came through KY a couple days ago. (At least I had enough sense to get more AAA, OWA, and VOB in that same family size.) A few years ago I swore off $30+ boubon. Tasting the HH BIB reminds me why I made the pledge. Have since violated the pledge on numerous occasions, of course. But any of the above mentioned just go to show how much pleasure you can have for very few $$$.

• 1 month later...

What about JW Dant? The current offering of J-dub is made by heaven hill and different than both the HH BIB bottlings. Plus its a steal at $9

So glad the rumors of its demise that floated a while back turned out to be false. I would have been grabbing cases!

If I remember the thread correctly Brian, it wasn't that it was going away, it was that the family size bottle that a member purchased had gone NAS??

If I remember the thread correctly Brian, it wasn't that it was going away, it was that the family size bottle that a member purchased had gone NAS??

You're right. Not quite as bad as going away entirely, but still would have been sad to see the AS go away.

• jbutler unpinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.