Free Distillery Tours Brochure

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) is offering a free brochure about distillery tours. You can request a copy from their web site or by calling them at (202) 682-8840.

Curiously the brochure, entitled "Tour the Bourbon Trail of Kentucky," features only four distilleries: Jim Beam, Labrot & Graham, Maker's Mark and Wild Turkey. Presumably, they were the ones willing to pay for it.

The brochure doesn't provide a lot of information, but it does include phone numbers and hours, so it might be useful to have.

Thanks for the info Chuck. I must admit that I was somewhat dissappointed with Jim Beam's 'self guided' tour. The store was cool and all, but watching nothing more than a marketing video and walking to the outside of a locked/gated rickhouse was bland compared to all the other tours... I was expecting so much more for such a name brand label.

To me, the highlight of the Beam tour (well, the only light, really) is the Hartman Cooperage. You won't see anything like that anyplace else. The other good thing is Bernheim Forest (donated by Issac Bernheim of I.W. Harper fame), a beautiful park right across the street from Beam.

I can see why they don't do a real tour, though. Their still house is very compact. Not much spare room for tourists.

I picked up a brochure in KY this past week. The one I had shows more distilleries. I'll dig it up and let you know which ones -- but I thought seven. (I'll post about my trip, too when I have a chance.)

-- Greg

Jim Beam is the only ones that will give you a drink of Bourbon at their expense. You have to go in the Beam Home for that. drink.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.