Wallpaper Sharing -- not dialup friendly!

MashBill
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Clogsdon's recent photos of Four Roses got me to thinking. Maybe we should share some of our wallpaper quality photos of our distillery trips.

So I'll start this off with one of my favorites (architecturally anyway....).

No. 1

post-26-14489811218473_thumb.jpg

Thanks for those great pics, Bill!

Here's one I took yesterday. I'm currently using it on my desktop.

post-134-1448981121969_thumb.jpg

Jeff,

I'm amazed at the depth of field that you achieved in what I presume was dim light. How'd you do that? (I would have expected the near rim of the vat to be blurred.)

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

I know that this is not a picture of a distillery...but when ya think of bourbon and some of Kentucky's finest...this man is on the top of the list...

For those of you who do not know him...This is Booker Noe...at his home...sittin on the front porch...

post-20-1448981122098_thumb.jpg

Dave,

That picture was taken with a fugi finepix 3800 3.2mp camera. I did nothing but point and shoot. This was my first real test for this camera and I am quite pleased. I bought it mainly for the 6x optical zoom lens, but the close-up quality is excellent as well. Up to now I have been taking digital pictures with the onboard camera on my miniDV camcorder. It has an effective resolution of about 1/2 of a megapixel blush.gif

Jeff,

Thanks for trying to enlighten me.

Sadly, I'm so out of date that I assumed the Nikon F1 is still king.

Now that I've thought about your photo in light of what little I know about digital photography, I'm left to wonder how the sensor speed (to coin a term) of today's digital cameras compares with the range of ASA speed ratings available in the film domain.

Perhaps today's digital cameras function at a level equal to an ASA rating of several thousand, thereby allowing extremely small lens apertures and (now to the point) extreme depth of field, i.e., sharp focus from near distances to far in the same photo. That's the characteristic of your photo that I found striking.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

I'll take a complete stab in the dark and say it'd from Buffalo Trace because of those brick walls? I think I remember Buffalo Trace having alot of buildings that were brick like that. Unless most are! confused.giflol.gif

Bill's pictures look so great, I feel unworthy to post any of mine. Here's a personal favorite of Labrot & Graham pre-restoration.

post-5-14489811224958_thumb.jpg

Clearly I have no shame.

Hmmmmmmm blush.gif Me neither blush.gif

This if from the book, "Whiskey, An American Pictorial History, by Oscar Getz...

(The caption)...Few ads of modern times can match this peice of advertising for the Belle of Nelson Whiskey...

Now that's a understatement lol.gif

post-20-14489811225366_thumb.jpg

Jim,

I was gonna guess and say Barton's grin.gif...

I did not recognize it cause I have never been inside the Barton "distillery"...I have done business with em for years and I have a "open" invitiation for a private tour...Seems like, I never have the time...This year, I will "try" take Debbie up on her offer...

oouuuuuuuu, ooouuuu Bettye Jo...take me, take me... grin.gif

pleeease....?? grin.gifgrin.gif

Bj

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.