Fireball Cinnamon Whisky

camduncan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was at one of our largest nation-wide alcohol retailers stores on the weekend, and noticed Fireball Cinnamon Whisky sitting on the shelf in the American Whiskey section.

It appears to be a Cinamon infused Canadian Whisky made by Sazerac.

Whilst I'm not the biggest fan of infused whiskey (I don't mind the honey ones), I'm a big fan of cinnamon as a flavour, so this one has me curious. Has anyone tried it?

Edited by camduncan

well if you were 20 and trying to get your 18 year old girlfriend drunk, then this would do the trick. It taste like an Atomic fireball candy and nothing like whiskey.

I was at one of our largest nation-wide alcohol retailers stores on the weekend, and noticed Fireball Cinnamon Whisky sitting on the shelf in the American Whiskey section.

It appears to be a Cinamon infused Canadian Whisky made by Sazerac.

Whilst I'm not the biggest fan of infused whiskey (I don't mind the honey ones), I'm a big fan of cinnamon as a flavour, so this one has me curious. Has anyone tried it?

My only comment is that "it is what it is" meaning don't expect to be blown away by it, but not bad for something when you want a little cinnamon flavor. It is almost not drinkable neat, at least to me, but it does go well with some warm apple cider on a cool evening. It is also is not bad to add a little spice to a hot tea.

It is very sweet, with no whisky taste I can see, but the cinnamon taste is pure and well-executed. I think you would like it Cam if you mixed it 50/50 with bourbon, it is still plenty sweet and the cinnamon is hardly affected but you get some good whiskey taste with it.

Gary

This product is a Canadian Blended Whiskey with Cinnamon flavor added, so technically not an American whiskey. You have to search a little on the package to figure it out.

Rob

This product is a Canadian Blended Whiskey with Cinnamon flavor added, so technically not an American whiskey.

Too true Rob. Bourbon, Rye and Canadian Whiskey all gets lumped into the same category of 'American Whiskey' in Australia... I do know better, so it was a slip on my part :)

It is very sweet, with no whisky taste I can see, but the cinnamon taste is pure and well-executed. I think you would like it Cam if you mixed it 50/50 with bourbon, it is still plenty sweet and the cinnamon is hardly affected but you get some good whiskey taste with it.

Gary

I like where you're going with that Gary. You got me thinking that possible blend of CC 12 with the Fireball could be interesting..... That might just tempt me to buy a bottle anyways :)

You could mix it with Canadian whisky too Cam yes. Perhaps even 1:2 Fireball to Canadian. The sweetness holds up despite considerable dilution.

Gary

I noticed today that HH has released their answer to Fireball - Evan Williams Cinnamon Reserve, 70 proof. Larceny-style rebate and all.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a bartender friend spike an Angry Orchard cider with this stuff without telling me. The result was actually rather great. Not something I'd really want to spend money on, but I might buy a few 50ml bottles to keep around for spiked ciders this winter.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not really a shooter but for me I enjoy Fireball in shot form straight out of the freezer, though based on the responses here I am going to have to try it mixed with bourbon or Canadian whisky.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Shanken, this is a big hit, selling 350,000 cases a year. All of the whiskey liqueurs, led by JD Honey, are selling well.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.