Lot 40 2012 Edition

Gillman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Man, I'm really going to have to open my bottle now. That and the pikes creek I grabbed in Edmonton, can't wait to give them a whirl!

It's hit the shelves in WA state - but it's $75.12 out the door.

It's cheaper for me to drive up to Vancouver and pick up a bottle than buying locally... what I don't get from a pricing perspective is that Pike Creek is right next to the Lot No. 40 and it's $37.76 out the door. It's the same class/series of Canadian rye and yet one is 2x's as expensive as the other.

It's cheaper for me to drive up to Vancouver and pick up a bottle than buying locally... what I don't get from a pricing perspective is that Pike Creek is right next to the Lot No. 40 and it's $37.76 out the door. It's the same class/series of Canadian rye and yet one is 2x's as expensive as the other.

Having bought both the Pike Creek and Lot 40 for the same price ($40) I can say the Lot 40 is worth twice as much as the PC.

I would not put them in "the same class" taste-wise!

Having bought both the Pike Creek and Lot 40 for the same price ($40) I can say the Lot 40 is worth twice as much as the PC.

I would not put them in "the same class" taste-wise!

• 2 months later...

This just hit Georgia. Wow, I am super impressed. Grabbed two bottles at $55, may go back for more. Tasting notes to come as I get into this bottle a bit more...

I grabbed one on Saturday. I'm excited to open it up as soon as this head cold blows over so that I can actually taste it.

I've heard enough people extolling the virtues of the 2012 release that I suppose I'll have to pick it up. My local honey hole has a ton of it, plus a bunch of baby Saz for $27.

Excellent review, Biskuit. I got another bottle of this recently and confirmed that it is indeed as good as I first thought. From the nose to the finish its outstanding.

I also picked up the Lot 40 2012 today (along with a Dickel Barrel Select and a few others). Will sit down and compare it to the original when I have an opportunity. Definitely cost more than the original so it loses that comparison!

post-8493-14489820487061_thumb.jpg

I must admit it is nice to pay less for a quality product than you people in the USA, considering we get stiffed on everything else here in Ontario.

I also picked up a bottle after reading this thread. I'll have to finish some opens before popping the cork though. Had to pay $58 here

I really want to try this, but the best price in WA state is $75.17 to walk out the door with a bottle. First world problem.

I really want to try this, but the best price in WA state is $75.17 to walk out the door with a bottle. First world problem.

Only $39.99 up in BC. Get driving!!

Only $39.99 up in BC. Get driving!!

I seriously considered that, but it's 210 miles round trip which is $40 in gas so it would cost more. :)

I seriously considered that, but it's 210 miles round trip which is $40 in gas so it would cost more. :)

Just hit up Ramen row while you're at it ;)

Hmmm, I'm headed that way in a few weeks. Looks like I'll be bringing home some bottles for myself and others. DBM, CW, how many bottles do you want? ;)

I hit the jackpot today. Found this top-shelf Canadian whisky at bottom shelf price.

Regularly priced at $39.95, found today on sale at local store for $28. Bought 7 bottles to bring my stash total to 12!

I hit the jackpot today. Found this top-shelf Canadian whisky at bottom shelf price.

Regularly priced at $39.95, found today on sale at local store for $28. Bought 7 bottles to bring my stash total to 12!

I would be happy with $39.95 down south of the border. Which seems weird given the price difference is usually reversed!

I would be happy with $39.95 down south of the border. Which seems weird given the price difference is usually reversed!

Its extremely RARE when Canadians pay less for booze than Americans, its worth celebrating when its stuff that is actually worth drinkig!

Yeah, for that price I would be a regular drinker of it. For what they're asking here it's going to be an extremely rare purchase.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.