What do you recommend.

jpage
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I started out trying bottles from different distillers to see which ones I liked best. I would suggest trying BT, EC12, and KC to compare with what you are currently drinking.

I started out trying bottles from different distillers to see which ones I liked best. I would suggest trying BT, EC12, and KC to compare with what you are currently drinking.

Good suggestions. Might also add Weller Special Reserve and/or Old Weller Antique to that list to get a taste of wheaters.

I have been drinking a good bit of Woodford Reserve and Four Roses small batch, What else out there would i like under $35

The answer to what you like may be hard so I will answer what I like in that range:

Wheated bourbons:

Larceny

Weller antique

Weller 12 year old

Rye bourbons:

-Four roses single barrel - fluctuates in taste but I have never been disappointed

- Old Grand Dad 114 and OGD BIB

- buffalo trace

Rye whiskeys:

Rittenhouse Bottled in Bond

High west double rye

There are many many more in that range but this is just a quick list.

I have been drinking a good bit of Woodford Reserve and Four Roses small batch, What else out there would i like under $35

Two little bits of advice: Don't judge a bourbon until you have sampled at least a half bottle neat, with water, and on the rocks; keep some tasting notes so you can better recall what you liked and why.

I would also add that some bottles change a little after you open them and some air gets to it (I'm not totally sure why, but this seems to be a big reason). If you don't like one, set it on the shelf, come back to it in a month or two. If its still undrinkable, pick up a liter of cola, or sell it to a friend.

I would also add that some bottles change a little after you open them and some air gets to it (I'm not totally sure why, but this seems to be a big reason). If you don't like one, set it on the shelf, come back to it in a month or two. If its still undrinkable, pick up a liter of cola, or sell it to a friend.

Only in Chicago would they sell an "undrinkable" bottle to a "friend" :slappin::grin::lol::skep:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.