2 bottles of PVW ( 15 & 20 ) stuck in Erie, PA...help?

grantsi
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster. For the first time in my Bourbon drinking career, I took the plunge and purchased 2 PVW's this year. Living in Chicago, I am skeptical that Binnys will come through ( despite being a high volume wine buyer and developing bourbon customer )...as such...when Fine Wine And Good Spirits in PA sent me an email, I jumped at the opportunity. I understood they wouldn't ship out of state, however, my mother-in-law lives in Cleveland so i simply shipped to Erie, PA and will pick up next time I'm over there. however, It is looking like it might be several months. The store is willing to hold, however, does anyone have any creative solutions to get the bottles to me faster? I don't have any friends in Erie, but am wondering if I am missing an obvious loophole. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Have your mother-in-law pick them up and ship them to you.

I have a similar problem. I had my friends daughter in Montana buy 6 BTACs for me as she would be driving to SoCal for Thanksgiving. She arrived today. She left the bottles on her kitchen counter. Now I have to send her home with something safe to ship them to me in.

Next time, have the bottles sent to Sharon or Hermitage,Pa. instead. I order bottles for pickup in Pa. all the time. It is only 40 minutes from me. The store in Hermitage is a super store and is very nice!

Thomas

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster. For the first time in my Bourbon drinking career, I took the plunge and purchased 2 PVW's this year. Living in Chicago, I am skeptical that Binnys will come through ( despite being a high volume wine buyer and developing bourbon customer )...as such...when Fine Wine And Good Spirits in PA sent me an email, I jumped at the opportunity. I understood they wouldn't ship out of state, however, my mother-in-law lives in Cleveland so i simply shipped to Erie, PA and will pick up next time I'm over there. however, It is looking like it might be several months. The store is willing to hold, however, does anyone have any creative solutions to get the bottles to me faster? I don't have any friends in Erie, but am wondering if I am missing an obvious loophole. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

At my store, they always ask to see a photo ID with my name and the credit card I used to place the order. I'm not sure if that will be the case with you, but just be forewarned

Thank you for your suggestions...found a friend driving to cleveland from Buffalo who is willing to pick them up...the mother-in-law option was not in play as she is not impressed with my new found bourbon passion. Bottom line, the bottles will be heading my way soon. Thanks again for all the help.

Hi,

Wow, GREAT pick-up!! Those PVWs were sold out online in under 15 minutes.

I second the PA Fine Wine and Spirits in Hermitage or Sharon....real close to I-80 and is much closer to Cleveland than Erie.

Grant I was faced with a similar problem of shipping to my State so we took a vacation to Bardstown, bought what I wanted and returned with a trunk full.

I second the PA Fine Wine and Spirits in Hermitage or Sharon....real close to I-80 and is much closer to Cleveland than Erie.

Another vote for the Hermitage store. When I lived in Youngstown, I did most of my shopping there. Still make the trip from Cleveland regularly. I hate both Ohio and PA as control states. But PA is hands down better than Ohio. Their on-line inventory check is great.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.