EWSB '91 for $12 in CA

wadewood
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

YMMV - I stopped by a Ralph's grocery store in Sacramento and they had a EWSB '91 for $11.69; I snagged the 2 bottles left at this store. Don't know if it was just this store or all of Ralphs. I think Ralph's is only in CA.

banghead.gif Dammit. For a minute there I thought you meant it was available in Canada. We can't even get that stuff up here. Rats. Guess I'm going to have to plan a trip down there! cool.gif

I just stopped by the Ralph's nearest my home, and sure enough EWSB is on clearance and $11.69.

They had exactly four bottles left. An '89, '90, '91, and 92. I bought them all.

Four more Ralph's within 15 miles of my house to check out!

Any decent bourbon or rye for $12 or less is a great buy. It is on clearance because most folks don't know good bourbon. In another thread there was a question about Old Grand Dad 86 proof for $10. I'd snatch that up, too.

I got a bottle of Four Roses bourson in KY last week for $10. Now I wonder why I did not get two! (But since that was NOT the only bottle I bought I was being conservative.) --Greg

The store I was at only had the '91. I like shopping in California. I also picked up a bottle of Corner Creek Reserve for $14.99 at Traders Joes and then a bottle of Old Granddad 86 proof for an unbeatable $5.99 at RiteAid.

I have to fly home so 3 bottles in my luggage is my limit, unless I drink the Old Grandad by Friday....

I'll wager you could drink $5.99 worth by then. drink.gifdrink.gifdrink.gifgrin.gif

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Or maybe the sequence of events is more like this:

drink.gifdrink.giffalling.gifdrinking.gifdrinking.gifpuke.gifdrinking.gifpuke.gif

The rest of the party goers:

skep.gifskep.gifskep.gifskep.gifskep.gifskep.gif

skep.gifskep.gifskep.gifskep.gifskep.gifskep.gif

I went to snatch up a few bottles of the OGD 86, this afternoon and there was only one left! Last Friday, there were about a dozen bottles on the shelf. I guess someone is drinking bourbon around here besides me.

Don't worry, I'll just go to a different ABC store tomorrow and pick some up more. This is actually great. I can taste it tonight and see if I want to buy more.

Tim

So, I had a couple of drinks of the OGD 86 and I like it. It is just a little thin, but otherwise very similar to my OGD 114. It is really a very nice bourbon.

So, I went to a different ABC, this morning, and bought their last two bottles. It seems that there are plenty of bourbon drinkers around when the price is right.

Tim

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.