Bourbon Stupidity: Cork Popped in Hot Car

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I can't believe this. I left a bottle of Ezra B 15YO in my car on a hot day. I purchased it for another SB.COM member. The bottle was at about a 30 degree angle between the seats. The cork popped and about half the bottle spilled in the car. Now, I have to buy another one and drink the rest of this one. banghead.gifbanghead.gif

The good news. I've found the most expensive way to truly enjoy the bouquet of a bourbon

Notes: Fresh baked bread, toasted oak and butterscotch.

Slightly burns the eyes.

I can't get my dog out of the car. lol.giflol.gif

Bummer!

I've had that happen with champagne in the car, and red wine in the house. Beige carpet, red wine; you get the picture lol.gif

I went on a trip to Delaware late in June. The daytime highs had been in the high 70's / low 80's here before I left, but it apparently hit 104 twice while I was gone. All my bourbon lives out in the garage; not a problem until someone brings a hot car in there on a 104 degree day. Nearly all my half full bottles had their corks at least half way out of the neck. A couple more days of that heat might have had the angels helping themselves to a goodly portion of my collection skep.gif

Heavy sigh of relief!

LoL! At least you have a good excuse to hurry + finish what's left!

-Brian

Been there, almost done that. Two weekends ago, I bought a bought of Wathens after my cousin's wedding and put it in trunk of my car. I forgot about it the next day and found it the next evening. Fortunately, it only pushed the cork upwards and spilled only a few drops as I had propped it upwards. It wasn't that hot a day (mid 80s), but I parked the car where the afternoon sun hit the trunk for several hours.

Jeff,

It was a nice bottle. After recovering in a cool place, I have determined the remaining bourbon is still consumable but altered permanently when compared to my other bottle. The intensity of the sweetness is increased and it appears to have lost alchohol and become a little thin. There is an overpowering yeast and baked bread flavor. Kind of like hot biscuits. The car still smells great though. My map of Kentucky absorbed most of the spillage. I may have a marketable product, the bourbon scented map of Kentucky.

lol.gif

Hey, you've got an idea there, Ed. Next thing you'll move into those rear view mirror scented trees and foam dice for the low-rider crowd! I'm ready to invest!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.