Bourbon flavored (beef) jerky

Bourbon Boiler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I haven't but a friend of mine did (I supplied the Bourbon) with very good results. We did it a few more times then the wives put a stop to the experiments claiming too much Bourbon was being used and a disproportionate amount was not going into the recipe.

Sounds like a conversation that would fit in my house as well. I made a couple of batches yesterday/today with vinegar and various sauces. I think I'll try with a cheap bourbon next week to see what I get.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a batch made with OGD 114 and just a bit of lemon juice in the dehydrator right now. I go another bottle of 114 for Christmas, and I wasn't making much progress with the bottle I had, so I used a few ounces for the jerky cause.

I haven't but a friend of mine did (I supplied the Bourbon) with very good results. We did it a few more times then the wives put a stop to the experiments claiming too much Bourbon was being used and a disproportionate amount was not going into the recipe.

I made 5 different versions of jerky, only one with the bourbon. All of the others got a marinade and a rub, but the one with OGD114 as marinade only got salt and pepper before going into the dehydrator. The bourbon flavor came through really well and tasted good, but the lack of a rub made the overall product a little light and boring. Now I need to figure out what kind of spices would make a rub to compliment bourbon. I sense a very fun round of experimentation next weekend.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.