4 Roses Small Batch LE Barrel Strength - 2012 vs. 2010

TL2000
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm not very familiar with the 4 Roses Small Batches, so can anyone educate me on these? I have a chance to buy the 2012 for $85 or the 2010 for $65. Is there any reason why the 2012 would be that much better?

I've been enjoying my WLW and it would be great if these could be similar.

Thanks for the help and opinions.

The 2012 is one of the best Four Roses, one of the best bourbons I have ever had. Period. I would gladly pay the premium on that one. But don't expect it to resemble anything even remotely close to the WLW. Two totally different animals, as the Weller is a wheated bouron and the 4R has a rather high rye content. They couldn't be any more different. You may want to try one of the standard Four Roses offering first to see if you like their profile at all before laying down the cash on one of these LEs.

Take a look here: http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=198082 and scroll to the end for the latest updates. That'll give you a better idea of the differences between these bourbons, which are not just different releases of the same thing a-la WLW.

Neither is going to have a profile like WLW 'cause they're not wheaters but I don't think that should discourage you. There's great threads about each of them where you can read people's impressions and tasting notes.

Great, thanks for the help. I guess I'll go with the 2012 bottle and see how that treats me.

Happy New Year everyone.

Take a look here: http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=198082 and scroll to the end for the latest updates. That'll give you a better idea of the differences between these bourbons, which are not just different releases of the same thing a-la WLW.

Neither is going to have a profile like WLW 'cause they're not wheaters but I don't think that should discourage you. There's great threads about each of them where you can read people's impressions and tasting notes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.