Four Roses and Why I Hate Going to Specs

smknjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If it's the 2012 Single Barrel LE then you got the one that everyone is raving about. I can't find any where I am. Let us know how it is when you open it.

If it's the 2012 Single Barrel LE then you got the one that everyone is raving about. I can't find any where I am. Let us know how it is when you open it.

Well....

We've been raving about both the 2012 Single Barrel Limited Edition and the 2012 Small Batch LE. In my humble opinion, both are superb whiskies, and both are worth their asking prices. The 2012 Small Batch LE has been getting the recent raves... :D

My bad. I haven't heard much about the Small Batch LE here and almost nothing on the rest of the bourbon sites. I guess I need to stay on top of things. It's a lot of work! I'll wait for a special occasion to open mine if you truely think it's worth the price.

I'd say the special occasion could be... Thursday. Or after a nice dinner... steak always gets me wanting a highly-flavored bourbon like the ones we've been talking about.

Go ahead, open it. Taste a little in a glass. Add a few drops of water to see if you can find new flavors. Life's too short to wait! :D

My bad. I haven't heard much about the Small Batch LE here and almost nothing on the rest of the bourbon sites. I guess I need to stay on top of things. It's a lot of work! I'll wait for a special occasion to open mine if you truely think it's worth the price.

Ignore the rest of the sites. This is *the* site for information. :)

I'd say the special occasion could be... Thursday. Or after a nice dinner... steak always gets me wanting a highly-flavored bourbon like the ones we've been talking about.

Go ahead, open it. Taste a little in a glass. Add a few drops of water to see if you can find new flavors. Life's too short to wait! :D

Thursday? What do you have against opening special bottles on Wednesday? :skep:

Anyway, I agree. Open it. Special occasions don't need special whiskey to make them special. Wednesdays do. And if you open it today you can drink some on Thursday too ;)

It's very sweet even for a bourbon.

Still haven't opened it, but that sounds pretty good. I like ETL and it's probably the sweetest one I've tasted so far.

Y'all just want to know what it tastes like! I'll let you know as soon as I take a sip.

Now Joe, there are 93 posts in the Four Roses LE Small Batch thread which is 13 down from this one currently. There were also 8 votes for it being the bourbon of the year and 3 for tie or runner up in the 2012 shout out thread. Numerous other mentions in other posts. You got some work to do :grin:.

You got some work to do :grin:.

First task: Open it ;) I finally got a bottle a week ago and it stayed unopened for long enough to warm up to a reasonable drinking temperature (it was cold from being shipped so I couldn't open it right after opening the package!)

It's really good. I bet you'll like it. It is one of the best things I've ever drunk. But you've got the bottle, none of our posts can tell you what you'll think of it as well as a taste can.

Edited by HighInTheMtns

Now Joe, there are 93 posts in the Four Roses LE Small Batch thread which is 13 down from this one currently. There were also 8 votes for it being the bourbon of the year and 3 for tie or runner up in the 2012 shout out thread. Numerous other mentions in other posts. You got some work to do :grin:.

I always hated homework. Such a waste of my personal time...I guess I'll go have a drink and start reading!

Edit: Not drinking tonight though. Have to finish up some actual home work.

Edited by smknjoe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.