Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey: An American Heritage

bourbonv
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yeti, Thanks for the feedback. I have not heard it yet - They are supose to be sending me a copy but I don't have one yet. I was curious as to how they handled the side-bars and footnotes. Thanks again for the review.

Mike Veach

Mike has a real publisher so he gets good distribution at places like Costco. I have a fake publisher (myself) so my book is only available on Amazon, my blog, in many distillery gift shops, and at Joseph Beth Booksellers in Lexington. (If you're a retailer and would like to sell it, PM me.)

Mike has a real publisher so he gets good distribution at places like Costco. I have a fake publisher (myself) so my book is only available on Amazon, my blog, in many distillery gift shops, and at Joseph Beth Booksellers in Lexington. (If you're a retailer and would like to sell it, PM me.)

I hesitated to write this when I first read this thread, because it had some age on it, but since it's active again I'll chime in.

When I first got interested in bourbon (I'm about to admit to how much of a 'newb' I am) Mike's book was brand new and my wife brought it home for me. It was the perfect way for me to get a great perspective on not only the bourbon industry and history but many of the nuances of bourbon manufacturing. I was enthralled with the book. It was well written and since I am brand new to bourbon, full of facts that I didn't know. I read parts of the book 3 times, and I never reread books. This book would be perfect (although I haven't read Chuck Cowdery's book yet, soon to be rectified) for anyone new to bourbon.

Mike, if you read this, thanks for a great book and I hope to meet you some day.

Edited by mhatzung

• 1 month later...

I am going to be in Cincinnati at the Books by the Banks Book fair on Saturday. I am also moderating a program on cocktails for Molly Wellman from the Old Kentucky Bourbon Bar. I hope to see some of you there.

Mike Veach

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.