Your Next Bourbon Purchase

RT Fan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

When, and what, are typically the spring releases? From what I've noticed it seems like the Van Winkle family and the FR Single Barrel roll out sometime around May. Is that right? Are there any more? And does Van Winkle have a fall release as well?

Edit: For the record I'm not interested in Pappy hunting, just curious about the schedule for all of the major releases

There won't be a Van Winkle spring release this year. It used to be spring and fall, but now just fall.

I just finished off a bottle of Elmer T. Lee so I want to replace that. I also want a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch LE 2012 but they are not available in Michigan.

I'm also hoping to visit some of the distilleries in mid-March. If I do, I want to stop by the gift shops at Four Roses, Buffalo Trace and the Willett Distillery to purchases some bottles there.

I just finished off a bottle of Elmer T. Lee so I want to replace that. I also want a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch LE 2012 but they are not available in Michigan.

I'm also hoping to visit some of the distilleries in mid-March. If I do, I want to stop by the gift shops at Four Roses, Buffalo Trace and the Willett Distillery to purchases some bottles there.

FYI the only bottles you can get at the BT gift shop are:

Buffalo Trace

Eagle Rare Single Barrel

White Dog Mash #1

Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream

Blanton's Single Barrel

http://buffalotracedistillery.com/visit-us/faqs

:cool:

Check out HH too. Their gift shop often has special bottles not available anywhere else.

Bought way, way, WAY too much stuff last year so I'm gonna lay kinda low this year. I guess I just got a little too excited with this new hobby where logic and reason did not take over until after I already spent a bunch of money. I figure at my current rate of consumption I have somewhere on the order of a 5 year supply :bigeyes:.

So anyway, items currently on the radar are OGD 114, OFBB 2012 (if I happen to run across any) and a few limited releases as they come out.

Bought way, way, WAY too much stuff last year so I'm gonna lay kinda low this year. I guess I just got a little too excited with this new hobby where logic and reason did not take over until after I already spent a bunch of money. I figure at my current rate of consumption I have somewhere on the order of a 5 year supply :bigeyes:.

So anyway, items currently on the radar are OGD 114, OFBB 2012 (if I happen to run across any) and a few limited releases as they come out.

Thanks for the advice, Qman & Tan regarding the Jefferson's Reserve. Perhaps a taste test by way of a bar is needed before I drop some coin on an untasted bottle. I don't mind taking flyers on $30-$35 bottles like Larceny (NYC prices) but The Jefferson's Reserve trades @ $55 a bottle here, plus tax.

Yup. I realize their gift shop offerings are limited to what you find elsewhere. I want to visit BT mostly for the hard hat tour. I'm sure I will still pick some bottles up from the BT gift shop.

However, does anyone know if BT will offer bottles from "special barrels" for Eagle Rare and Blanton's much like Four Roses does with some of their gift shop bottles? Thanks in advance.

It's a great investment as bourbon won't be any cheaper tomorrow then it is today...you can use the :bigeyes: face when you reach a 30yr supply! :D

Well, I don't know if it was your intention, but you made me feel a lot better about my obsession...and I'll make sure to save the :bigeyes: face for when I accumulate a real supply.

I want to try some Elmer T. Lee, so maybe that. Or Blanton's. Also curious about Mellow Corn and Bernheim Straight Wheat, though I realize they're not bourbons. I can only find the latter locally.

I am running low on the regular 4RSmB and really coming to enjoy it as a daily pour. So I think this will be next.

Best regards, Tony

That's good stuff at a great price. Thanks for recommending it. Do you buy premium or "ultra" premiums often?

A replacement bottle of ETL is next on my list and I still have yet to try Larceny.

I want to try some Elmer T. Lee, so maybe that. Or Blanton's. Also curious about Mellow Corn and Bernheim Straight Wheat, though I realize they're not bourbons. I can only find the latter locally.

Save yourself some $$$ and go with the ETL and Mellow Corn. Blanton's is good, but IMHO a bit overpriced. Same with the Bermheim. Cheers! Joe

I was thinking about picking up a bottle of the John J. Bowman TPS Barrel #45 this weekend. Anyone have any thoughts on this one? I've only had the Bowman Brothers SmB at a bar once, and really enjoyed it. Is there any similarities?

I was thinking about picking up a bottle of the John J. Bowman TPS Barrel #45 this weekend. Anyone have any thoughts on this one? I've only had the Bowman Brothers SmB at a bar once, and really enjoyed it. Is there any similarities?

I'm on my third bottle. It's sweet, chewy, smoky, and woody. All in a very good way. I only wish it were barrel proof instead of 100 proof. All in all, a very nice pour. You won't be disappointed

Save yourself some $$$ and go with the ETL and Mellow Corn. Blanton's is good, but IMHO a bit overpriced. Same with the Bermheim. Cheers! Joe

Thanks, appreciate the input! Maybe I'll wait until the next time I've visiting with my brother-in-law to split a bottle of Blanton's. Less money out of pocket, still get to try it. Been wanting to pick up ETL for a while now, but something else always catches my eye. Mellow Corn isn't expensive at all, it's just a matter of finding it out here.

What if ETL and Blanton's are the same price, tho? I want to try ETL, but right now I've taken a STAB at my topper set. :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.