Your Next Bourbon Purchase

RT Fan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've only seen OFBB in one store in Houston and they were asking $60. Spec's didn't have it. I need to see if they will order Barton BIB since they only carry the 86 proof.

Under priced and unsold in one area, over priced and sold out in another, it's enough to drive you to drink.

I got a hankerin' for some Beam White 7 yr, and I'm plum out. Hey!!! Don't knock it till ya tried it! A nice, little, uncomplicated whiskey, that's just a really nice sipper. Maybe, I'll head up to my Whiskey Monger this evening.

Probably a bottle or two of MM. :grin:

So I'm considering doing the same thing. But, money is tight. So I think I'll end up purchasing two bottles of Weller 12 since I enjoy it far more than MM. I am tempted though to stash at least one bottle of MM away before MM* appears on the shelves...

So I'm considering doing the same thing. But, money is tight. So I think I'll end up purchasing two bottles of Weller 12 since I enjoy it far more than MM. I am tempted though to stash at least one bottle of MM away before MM* appears on the shelves...

I went to the store yesterday and stood and stared at the MM section for a while before ultimately moving on. I may change my mind before it's gone but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

To tell you the truth, if Weller were available to me, I'd do the same.

I go to the one in Beaumont about once every two months. It has a good selection but I can get the same stuff at my local liquor store here. The one in Houston is the one that has the really good selection. I make it over there about 2 to 3 times a year.

Houston is where I shopped so that's the store I think of when Specs crosses my mind.

It's the biggest liquor store in TX in the largest city in TX. Great selection of mid-shelf stuff.

The specs in downtown Houston is a great liquor store. They always have a good selection of Willett 6,7,8,9 year old single barrel Burbons.

The specs in downtown Houston is a great liquor store. They always have a good selection of Willett 6,7,8,9 year old single barrel Burbons.

One of my beefs with the place is that when they get anything good in someone comes by and buys every last case. Therefore, it's difficult to get the good stuff without being "in the know." They only Willett's I've seen are the rye and the pot still bottle. I have been lucky enough to grab a couple of good bottles there over the last few months.

Edited by smknjoe

The last time I was there was in early December of last year and they had a barrel select of six and seven year-old Willett and I got a bottle of each.

A few weeks ago I asked the bourbon guy where the Willett and PHC was and he replied "some guy came in and bought it by the case." I snooze, I lose! Still plenty of other good stuff there though. The next time you see something good there send me a PM before it's gone!

Under priced and unsold in one area, over priced and sold out in another, it's enough to drive you to drink.

i called 3 different liquor stores in your neck of the woods today looking for OFBB without any success...

A PM of any that you know of that would have it would be greatly appreciated.

Went to the liquor store to check on the supply of MM. They had about 6-8 bottles. Leaned over and grabbed a bottle of OWA.

Went to the liquor store to check on the supply of MM. They had about 6-8 bottles. Leaned over and grabbed a bottle of OWA.

Well played, I'll be repeating that process.

PM with who you called and we will get it sorted.

I appreciate that. PM sent.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Contemplating buying a bottle of BTSOP #99. Never had any BTSOP, the idea seems gimmicky to me, and the price, at $65 per 375mL, is really spendy, but I just think I might get lucky with this bottle. It seems to be the best reviewed of the first release, which is all this place has. Any ideas out there?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.