A first time hello my fellow bourbonites....

Painkiller
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Heh all, first time posting. Love this place! A whole new world full of the stuff I love and people who can appreciate it. Doesn't get much better. I am a loooong time drinker but just starting to collect some actual decent bottles, and oh what fun it is. Thanks to you guy$ I am going broke, though. I've managed to garner a somewhat little collection of "mid-shelf" bourbons, and I have a question for all of you right off the bat. I have become quite the Four Roses fan (who isn't) and I have a chance to pick up a bottle of the 2008 Mariage for around $90. Would love to have it, especially after all the positive reviews I've read, but is $90 a bit too pricey for what it is? I am going to make my decision based off what you tell me, so the pressure's on. Many thanks!!!

Welcome aboard!! I got a chance to talk to Mr Rutledge at a tasting one night and we got to talking about the Mariage bourbon, and he told me that the 2008 Mariage was his favorite, FWIW. I wish I could comment about them myself, but I haven't had the opportunity to taste them. The current LE's sell for around $77 here with tax, so $90 doesn't seem too bad. I would probably buy it and start drinking as soon as I got home! Cheers!

I've only had a couple pours of the '08 Mariage and I must say it is the most distinctive tasting bourbon I've ever had. You will not drink a more floral whiskey. And very delicious.

I've never seen one in the wild, but I would buy every one if I ever came across any.

Wow! Thanks so much for all the quick responses! You guys are great! Looks like I will be buying this before the weekend is through. Anyone in the S FLA area wanna' join me? Feel bad to partake of it all on my own...

Well, not toooo bad.

Wow! Thanks so much for all the quick responses! You guys are great! Looks like I will be buying this before the weekend is through. Anyone in the S FLA area wanna' join me? Feel bad to partake of it all on my own...

Well, not toooo bad.

For all the advice you were given, the least you could do is drive to Atlanta and share your bottle.:drink: Jeez. Some people:skep:

Any ideas on the '09 Mariage? There is a bottle kicking around locally for $70, but I have only ever heard praise for the '08. Very floral indeed, a bit surprisingly for Four Roses, which I find to be all about balance and pleasant spiciness.

Any ideas on the '09 Mariage? There is a bottle kicking around locally for $70, but I have only ever heard praise for the '08. Very floral indeed, a bit surprisingly for Four Roses, which I find to be all about balance and pleasant spiciness.

Well it seems as if I have no choice. I shall and I will. I believe the guy told me he has some way of getting more, not sure. Makes me hope he does. I'm so nervous I hope I don't drop the bottle and break it before I get home. Geez. I'll take a pic of the pour and post it (if I know how) and give you guys my thoughts. Hopefully tomorrow night. ( Rubbing hands with hidden glee ) Or maybe I should just leave it unopened as a collector bottle.

NOT

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.