Wiser's Legacy has crossed the border

T Comp
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Reports are that this is starting to make its appearance south of the Canadian border. ThomasH mentioned seeing it in Ohio ($41) back in September and bad-scientist in Florida more recently (on sale $35). My memories along with others here, of the bottle that Gary Gillman brought to the gazebo, make it worthy of attention in its own thread (though I see Gary liked that first edition of it best). Pernord Ricard USA took over distribution here for Corby back in July 2012. I'll be buying when it makes it to Chicago. Now how about Lot 40 :cool: ?

Good to see it Stateside. The first bottling seemed to me have the fullest flavor of spearmint. The later ones seem less consistent in this regard, some have that keynote (or to me it was a keynote), some less so. However, it's to be expected in a small batch product.

I'll bring the reissued Lot 40 to the Sampler upcoming, it is much improved IMO from the first bottling and very enjoyable.

Gary

I saw a couple of bottles in September in a small store a few miles from me, in the northern Twin Cities suburbs. I have not seen it at any of the usual suspects, though.

I checked wine-searcher (non-pro version) for USA and two results

shown are in NY with $40. being the lower price. I'd try it for that...

I saw a couple of bottles in September in a small store a few miles from me, in the northern Twin Cities suburbs. I have not seen it at any of the usual suspects, though.

Yes, I agree, we're fortunate the Canadians are releasing some of these ryes, I am mindful though the Canadian style is a good deal lest robust than the American so one shouldn't expect any sort of powerhouse flavors.

I'll be interested to see the reviews when they come. I agree with Squire, this doesn't rival the powerhouse taste of bourbon or straight rye, but it is still excellent, the Canadian profile ramped up considerably.

Gary

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.