Whisper Creek Tennessee Sipping Cream

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Whisper Creek Tennessee Sipping Cream has apparently just hit town. Has anybody had a chance to try this yet?

It seems to be a stand alone operation and I can't tell if they are in partnership with anyone else. If they are making their own whiskey it must be pretty young stuff and in need of a little sweetening. That said I am a sucker from cream liqueurs and will likey try it at least once!

If you're able to find a bottle to try, I'd be interested in

hearing how it compares to other Creams you've tried.

I see it in stock at Binnys so if I need to round out a mail

order, I'll consider getting a bottle.

Got an email from my local whiskey monger about it so I should find out tomorrow if I don't forget to ask about it. Mainly going to pick up a tequila I special ordered.

And to bang on them again about getting Tanqueray malacca gin!

Cracked open the Whisper Creek last night. On its own it is OK and if it stays under $20 I might try it again as a change of pace. Up against my gold standard of Bailey's it really didn't hold up as well. My comparison bottle of Baileys was an opened bottle but one I have had a while. The price of Bailey's has come down a bit lately and at around the same price I would go with the Bailey's every time. But I haven't had the newer, cheaper Bailey's so perhaps it is not as good?

The Whisper Creek was a bit milky and thin, especially when compared to the unctuous goodness of the Bailey's. It had an interesting twang that was not expected but not unpleasant. It seemed to carry the proof reasonably well. Not quite as fruity as Amarula which I found to be a plus. I find Amarula easy to drink at the start but seems to wear out its welcome more quickly. The Whisper Creek should hold up better in a large pour.

It is a dairy product so it will need to be refrigerated after opening and consumed reasonably quickly. I don't think that will be a problem though!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.