"Single Barrel" vs. "Single Cask"

bluesbassdad
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I enjoy both American beer (but, never any kind of light beer) and full-flavored micro and Euro brews. Everything from Bud and Coors to Guinness, Bass Ale, and Pilsner Urqell. I prefer the full-flavored ones, but a cold Bud on a hot day is heavenly.

I was buying a 12-pack of Bud a couple of weeks ago and a stranger in the store was kidding me about it. He said that, when he was in England, an American was in a bar trying to order a beer. He asked for "the closest thing you have to American beer". The barkeeper served him water. I assume that is apochryphal. Pretty funny, though. The guy pissed me off, but I ignored him.

Tim

• 1 month later...

(And don't even get me started on Starbucks.

you also forget thet their drip coffee is crap, anyway.

I'll take a coffeehouse that roasts their own beans before my eyes, thanks smile.gif

With regard to Sam's being the only single barrel Buffalo Trace whiskey on the market, I am sure that is untrue. Anyone can purchase a barrel of almost any whiskey that Buffalo Trace produces and have it bottled for them. By definition that would be a single barrel.

Anyone up for a group buy? wink.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.