Dining and drinking reccommendations - Frankfort, KY

steeltownbbq
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm heading to Frankfort in April with a group of guys from work to play some golf and visit a couple of distilleries. I have the golf, lodging and distillery trips lined up.

I'm looking for advice on where to go for dinner and drinks. Any suggestions?

I have more of an opinion regarding where to golf in the area than I do about where to eat in Frankfort. I would say you should probably just eat at one of the chain restaurants if you'll be doing your eating in Frankfort.

This doesn't say much for the tourism in Frankfort there is a multi page thread about dining in Bardstown.

A lot of people in Frankfort don't mind driving 25 minutes to Lexington to get something different than the typical chains(which are becoming more plentiful). Besides the Mexican joints your choice is pretty much Logans, Cracker Barrel, BWW, O'Charlies, Chilis, Longhorns, Applebees.....

25 min, is just next door. I grew up in Louisville and 25 min was WAY to far. I now live out west (condolences accepted) and now 25 min is the mail box.

If you wanna eat, go eat. If you dont, then drink.

Can't say much about dinner, but lunch at Rick's White Light Diner is always on my itenerary. Small joint. Crazy owner... Cold beer... Great eats.

Rick's is a one-of-a-kind place. It's just across the river from downtown, on Bridge Street, except last time I was there the Bridge Street Bridge was closed.

There are a handful of good restaurants downtown, but remember that downtown Frankfort closes early. Serafini (Italian) is highly regarded and popular. The Bistro, 240 W. Main, is also very good.

Capital Cellars, at 227 W. Broadway, across from the old statehouse, is everything in one place. They're a wine and spirits store with a good bourbon selection, but also a bar and restaurant.

Considering it's the state capital, you would think there would be more good places to eat and drink downtown, near the government offices, but there just aren't. I guess, as BSS says, everybody just goes to Lexington.

Don't know your plans, but you might consider Midway. It's a tiny town but it probably has more good dining and drinking choices than Frankfort and it's closer than Lexington. If you want something really special, check out the Holly Hill Inn.

As for why there is more here about Bardstown than Frankfort, most of us when we go to Kentucky for bourbon stuff stay in either Bardstown or Louisville. Frankfort is for visiting Buffalo Trace, but you don't stay or eat there.

The chain lodging and dining clusters are at the two Frankfort exits off I-64, at US 127 and US 60.

Edited by cowdery

I'm not sure where you are playing golf....but if you are doing the stay and play at Duckers you can be in Midway in 10 minutes.

As for why there is more here about Bardstown than Frankfort, most of us when we go to Kentucky for bourbon stuff stay in either Bardstown or Louisville. Frankfort is for visiting Buffalo Trace, but you don't stay or eat there.

Very true Chuck .....

• 1 month later...
I'm heading to Frankfort in April with a group of guys from work to play some golf and visit a couple of distilleries. I have the golf, lodging and distillery trips lined up.

I'm looking for advice on where to go for dinner and drinks. Any suggestions?

http://www.serafinifrankfort.com/

Fantastic whiskey bar and good food.

http://www.serafinifrankfort.com/menu/bourbon-list/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.