? Wild Turkey honey.

JR1968
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I would compare to Crown Maple finish, and that's a lie by the way. It's starts Maple and stays that way. Mrs Butterworth has a cleaner finish. But both are great on pancakes.

its good good for the basting chicken on the grill --- especially at nite when you can enjoy the alcohol flames

I would compare to Crown Maple finish, and that's a lie by the way. It's starts Maple and stays that way. Mrs Butterworth has a cleaner finish. But both are great on pancakes.

I haven't tired the WT Honey, but I agree with Meruck on Crown Maple. Mrs. Butterworth should be on the label

Good for basting the girlfriend as well.

And no doubt a bit different from "Wild Turkey, honey?".

Straight answer: I have a bottle of the WT Honey and it is much too sweet. I have found it makes a decent little drink if mixed 2:1 or 3:1 straight bourbon to WT Honey. It can also be used as a substitute for sugar in sweet cocktails, but it is too expensive for that. Unless you have a bottle and are trying to get rid of it, which I am.

Tim

It's a liqueur so it's supposed to be sweet. Makes a decent after dinner drink on the rocks or splashed into some WT 101. Also makes a nice glaze for carrots and parsnips. Slightly better than Evan Williams Honey.

Edited by Josh

A friend of mine brought a bottle of the WT honey to a party I was having and out of politeness I gave it a try. It was served ice cold, was very sweet and had a thick mouth feel. It is a liqueur and wasn't bad but I don't care much for sweet syrupy spirits.

So do hey take the "honey barrels" and squeeze them?

If they are "squeezing" bourbon out of barrels, wouldn't that make this Devil's Cut?

I pour it in hot Earl Grey tea when I'm not feeling well and it's quite nice like that. But the basting idea sounds good too.

It's a liqueur so it's supposed to be sweet.

Yes, I know liqueurs are supposed to be sweet, but this stuff is sweet to the 10th power.

Tim

I have to agree with Tim on this one, although I notice WT has had this or something like it on the market for quite some time so they're others who apparently like it.

I had a girlfriend who tried to like bourbon but the only one she really cared for was American Honey. (liqueur not whiskey I know but she related to it as a whiskey.)

• 2 weeks later...

I have only had the WT Honey once or twice but I tend to prefer the Bushmills Irish Honey. Perhaps a little less syrupy combined with my bias towards Irish Whiskey. That said I prefer most any decent whiskey to either.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.