If you ever dreamed of working in a distillery

Lazer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

here's proof... its not all fun and games.

anyone else question the appropriateness of HH workers singing "we're gonna light it up like its dynamite"?

anyone else question the appropriateness of HH workers singing "we're gonna light it up like its dynamite"?

apparently 16yrs is long enough to forget :rolleyes:

I have worked for Heaven Hill nearly 21 years. I am in that video (blurred shot). We had a blast that day. Max devoted the entire day as Employee appreciation day. Lots and lots of really nice door prizes. A big tent set up outside with catered dinner served by part of the Shapira family and chiefs :) a band playing ~a photographer that let you dress in silly fun type costumes taking silly pictures ~ huge Burnetts vodka shaped cakes along with goodie bags with several of the newest flavored Burnett's :) key chains etc...celebrating 3 million shipped Burnett's flavored vodka and the launch to nation wide. Max drew a name out of the hat for a extra "day off" after that announcement. Free soft drinks popcorn cotton candy....a indoor party just for us. Oh, and we shot that video that morning~ never gave thought to your comment.

I was there during the fire. We went to work the very next day. Max called us in to the cafeteria with his family by his side and gave us a very comforting speech :) at the end of his speech he told us we had customer's to service and orders to fill...he asked us to repeat after him three times. And then, he said...get back to work! I left the cafeteria with tears in my eyes and a profound respect for Max...He takes care of us and we love him for it!

Great video! I've seen similar styles of videos recently while attending dealer meetings with our manufacturers. Looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves :)

I have worked for Heaven Hill nearly 21 years. I am in that video (blurred shot). We had a blast that day. Max devoted the entire day as Employee appreciation day. Lots and lots of really nice door prizes. A big tent set up outside with catered dinner served by part of the Shapira family and chiefs :) a band playing ~a photographer that let you dress in silly fun type costumes taking silly pictures ~ huge Burnetts vodka shaped cakes along with goodie bags with several of the newest flavored Burnett's :) key chains etc...celebrating 3 million shipped Burnett's flavored vodka and the launch to nation wide. Max drew a name out of the hat for a extra "day off" after that announcement. Free soft drinks popcorn cotton candy....a indoor party just for us. Oh, and we shot that video that morning~ never gave thought to your comment.

I was there during the fire. We went to work the very next day. Max called us in to the cafeteria with his family by his side and gave us a very comforting speech :) at the end of his speech he told us we had customer's to service and orders to fill...he asked us to repeat after him three times. And then, he said...get back to work! I left the cafeteria with tears in my eyes and a profound respect for Max...He takes care of us and we love him for it!

My first thought when I saw how enthusiastic everybody was in the video was that Max is very good to them. Everybody looks happy in the video. As far as the dynamite comment, that's just my usual tactlessness.

Gosh, what a fun video. You're all fortunate to work for a family like that and they are lucky to have employees like you and the others Bettye Jo.

Every time I hear anything about the Shapira family it is good. Even when Parker mentions them, he says they let him do what he does best and supported him all the way. Very few businesses in this country ran like that anymore. Lots of companies after the fire could have sold the remaining stocks and collected the insurance and went fishing. Not them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.