Bourbon Country Herald (Bardstown Bourbon Society)

CL
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Today, the 13th of August, I got my Spring 2003 issue of the Bourbon Country Herald. horseshit.gif

When did everyone else receive theirs?

Inside the newsletter there's an offer for EW SB coasters made from used bourbon barrel oak. The offer expired on June 12. Boy, I did get this newsletter late! (I wasn't interested in buying the coasters anyway, though I wish the craftsperson, featured in the newsletter, had her own web site so I could see the other things she makes.)

CL,

That sure is timely! Now that you mention it, I don't think I've gotten mine yet, but hey, I'm all the way up here in NY! lol.giflol.gif

Bob

I ordered those EWSB coasters months ago and they are very nice. They came from a shop or something that believe it or not was named after the Fighting Cock bourbon... The coasters had the ewsb logo burned into them and even had a nice wood almost burnt smell to them. If I can find the website again for them, I'll post it. Or maybe someone else knows it. Whenh they came, even the shipping box had fighting cock stickers put all over it!

I just got the web page where they can be ordered. It has the June date like you said, but I tried adding them to my cart and it worked. Mayb you can try it, and if they don't have anymore they will just contact you. Or, it says "Please call toll-free 1-866-THE-BIRD(843-2473) to place an order from outside the US or to inquire about expedited shipping." on the bottom of one of the pages. Try calling and see if they still have them for sale... Oh and that picture on the site does not do them justice. I'd take a pic of mine, but they are at Chris' house... We plan on using them when we build displays for each of us to display all the vintage's of the EWSB set thus far.

I checked the web page before I posted and saw that they were still listed. I also was able to add them to my cart. That's when I noticed that the shipping was $5.95 for an order with a single set, bringing the total to $19.45. Ouch!.

As I mentioned in my original post, I wasn't interested in ordering them anyway. I am sure they look nice, which is why I am interested to see what other items the craftsperson makes.

Opps sorry then. I just reread your post and saw you said you were not going to order them. Upon first reading it for some reason I thought you said you were and then went on to say how you wanted to see what else they may have made... Here it is I thought I was helping lol.gif Hey, maybe the info will be useful if someone else becomes interested in them.

Cl , I got mine on the 12th which isn't too good considering how much closer to Bardstown I am than You!

CL,

Mine arrived today here in Long Beach, CA.

Since you've already taken the umbrage, I'll settle for a fit of pique. grin.gif

Seriously, it's hard for me to understand why a marketing tool would be allowed to go awry as you described, and as I've now seen for myself.

The Manhattan recipe was interesting; it made me think of board member, One Cube Only. (I wonder whether his cube is made from distilled water, as required in the recipe.)

In the photo of the ceremonial bung tapping, do I see a tuft of red hair sticking up behind Max's left shoulder? lol.gif

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

In the photo of the ceremonial bung tapping, do I see a tuft of red hair sticking up behind Max's left shoulder?

Very funny. If you do, then that red hair left the bottling room and snuck over to the barrel filling room. grin.gif Then again, I think that red hair is everywhere around HH, the Getz, and B'town. It's hard to keep it pinned down in one place, it has so much energy. lol.gif

Dave, now that you mentioned the pic of the ceremonial bung tapping, I know for sure I got this one a few months ago. At first I was thinking maybe it was a new mailer and they re-advertised the coasters again and my mailer would come soon. I wonder what the heck happened that some were sent out months ago and some people are just getting them now...

Mark,

Maybe the demand for the coasters did not meet expectations, so they're trying again. grin.gif

Seriously, the mystery continues to deepen. I'm pretty sure that I received at least one issue sometime in the past, and it wasn't this one. That would mean that only some members received duplicate mailings.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Chuck,

I signed up when they launched it, and never got squat... smirk.gif

Is HH doing this in-company, or is an ad agency involved? They have a beautiful website, but the follow-up is horseshit.gif.

Bj

P.S. By the way Chuck, I just want to tell you what an cool avatar you have. Did you do that?

Is HH doing this in-company, or is an ad agency involved? They have a beautiful website, but the follow-up is horseshit.gif.

Bj

Not sure who is doing it, but it obviously has problems.

P.S. By the way Chuck, I just want to tell you what an cool avatar you have. Did you do that?

Thanks, but all I can take credit for is finding and stealing it before someone else did.

• 2 weeks later...

Chuck,

Today, 28 August 2003, I received my Summer 2003 issue of Bourbon Country Herald. The offer of the coasters is repeated, this time with no mention of an expiration date.

It appears that they've gotten back on track. (If they happen to be reading this, "Attaboy!" or Attagirl!", as appropriate.)

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Sure enough, just came today. From the pic on the cover page, we'll have going to the Heaven Hill Bourbon Heritage Center to look forward to next year. smile.gif

• 9 months later...

Is anyone still getting the Bourbon Country Herald? After 5 years of SOMEWHAT regular mailings, I was perusing some back issues and noticed I have not received one since Summer 2003.

Aside - I noted that one of the 2002 issues had a photo of Chuck and some Heaven Hill folks at (I think) an EWSB 92 event. Sure looked like you guys were having a good time!

It was a good time. Not sure I have ever seen that photo.

I know Max has expressed the desire to convert that publication into something email or web-delivered, for cost reasons. I've never gotten any of those producer newsletters reliably.

Email delivery makes a lot of sense. It's cheap and reliable. It is not quite the same as getting that pleasant surprise amongst the load of bills and junk mail that you pull from the mail box. Still, it's better than not getting it at all.

Unfortunately, I do not have a scanner, but I did the best I could with my digital camera regarding the BCH Winter 2002 issue with the photo of our resident Guru, Chuck Cowdery.

post-553-1448981150233_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.