Oak Aged Vodka - I mean really???

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It seems the new Absolut Amber has pushed the envelope just a bit farther in the "flavored vodka" category as this blog notes.

Hmm, I think not.

https://totalbeverage.net/shop/TWENTY-GRAND-VODKA-INFUSED-COGNAC.html#product-tabs-feedback

Flipping through a magazine in a waiting room and I saw an advert for Twenty Grand Vodka Infused Cognac

Bastardization of spirits? A genuine new "liquor"? Just another marketing ploy aimed at the club hopping scene?

"Vodka infused with..." is a pretty elegant way to say "blend" isn't it?

This is making me thirsty for some Beam's Eight Star Vodka Infused With Kentucky Whiskey.

And I am sure they are going to use a "premium" cognac for "infusing"....is it a Vodka infused with Cognac or a Cognac infused with Vodka and does it matter?

Afterall, the website claims it is a "lifestyle". No details...no proportions, no indication of the difference between the White and Black labels, no indication of source etc.

http://20grandvodka.com/

I get this image of them storing barrels of cognac in the same warehouse with the tank of vodka for a spell and calling it 'aged together'.

I will give them this, if they sell enough of it they will have been successful in liberating the club scene drinkers from their "hard earned" money ala Lindsay L and

various Kardashians - so all the best to them in this very commercial enterprise.

Surprising what can be done with an empty Cognac barrel and some vodka to slosh around in it.

Maybe some of us should come up with a "lifestyle" beverage company! Think of the infusions possible. Hire Gary Gillman as master infuser and get on the way to "mega bucks"!

Hmm...."Irina Vatted premium vodkas", Canadian Rye Rum, Irish Whisky Cinnamon Swirl, Single Birch Barrel oat whiskey infused with sorghum.

I am not too far off...http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/20417/53541

White Birch Barrel Aged Tripel - White Birch Brewing

Rise and Shine Breakfast Vodka - premium vodka infused with bacon, eggs and grits...and a touch of maple syrup.

Edited by Jono

I believe the term infusion means you have to use some of the actual product to give it the flavor. It is usually a higher end brand that actually infuses the vodka. The cheaper stuff is almost always simply artificially flavored and/or colored. There are labs out there that can make artificial flavoring for damn near anything you can imagine.

It still baffles me that they can call anything flavored/infused vodka and not liqueur.

I also have a great idea for a dekuyper liqueur advanced fountain machine. Similar to those digital soda fountains that can mix up 10k different flavor/soda combinations. Just let the customer choose proof, flavor, color and insert whatever size bottle you want. A label is printed and slapped on, the bottle is sealed. No more allotting half an aisle to all the different flavors and varieties.

Eric I don't think the voice of reason resounds in the hall of marketing.

But i guess vodka/liqueur is not governed the same way whiskey/bourbon are. Straight, Old, Very old, kentucky straight, whiskey, whisky etc..

I call them popsicle vodkas, all flavors and colors, people who buy one will be tempted by another.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.