What are you drinking on the beach? Spring Break Thread

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What have the brilliant minds on this forum concocted for vacation/beach enjoyment? What works and what seemingly stellar ideas have failed?

What have the brilliant minds on this forum concocted for vacation/beach enjoyment? What works and what seemingly stellar ideas have failed?

What fails is straight liquor.

The combination of intense sun and salt air and beach activities is not conducive to a pleasant stupor, and can in fact lead to uncontrolled retching in the sand.

I prefer a light beer or a wine cooler if alcohol is called for at all, during the day.

I have lived in Florida all my life, by the way. I prefer to confine the alcohol fueled revels to the evening activities.

What fails is straight liquor.

The combination of intense sun and salt air and beach activities is not conducive to a pleasant stupor, and can in fact lead to uncontrolled retching in the sand.

I prefer a light beer or a wine cooler if alcohol is called for at all, during the day.

I have lived in Florida all my life, by the way. I prefer to confine the alcohol fueled revels to the evening activities.

that is my usual MO. Beer on the beach and sunset cocktails on the deck. Just considering options. And ways to avoid too many trips to the head from the beach chair:grin:

that is my usual MO. Beer on the beach and sunset cocktails on the deck. Just considering options. And ways to avoid too many trips to the head from the beach chair:grin:

Yes! For some reason I like drinks like Margaritas, or Martinis when I'm on or near the beach.

Maybe it's the salty air.

My beach drinking pattern was well developed during our several vacations in Jamaica...

1st Drink of the Day - A large Hummingbird or Mudslide (depending on whether bananas had been delivered to the bar)

Then since I had reached my limit on sugar, I switch to Rum and Diet Coke (or Pepsi depending on the bar).....

Then when I saw the clouds moving in for the typical afternoon rain, I switched to Scotch (normally JW Black) on the rocks so that when the rain came the water wouldn't kill my drink.

Tom

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.