George vs Jack?

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

May have a chance to stop at either the Dickel or Jack Daniels distillery for a tour but probably only time for one this trip. Anybody been to either or both recently and have an opinion for one over the other?

May also be able to work in a visit to Corsair in Nashville in the near future. Anybody done that one recently? If you do Corsair in Nashville is there any compelling reason to also do the Corsair operation in Bowling Green?

I did both last October. Dickel is very similar to Jack but on a much smaller scale( also no bottling at Dickel). I liked both but if I could only pick one I would go with Jack due to the bigger size and scale. That is unless you're a huge Dickel fan.

Not a big consumer of either so not really a deciding factor for me. I have both the Dickel LDI rye and the JD white rye for example. I think I still have a JD barrel pick from a local store but that is about it in my liquor cabinet.

I guess the fact that JD is bigger and thus has a bit more to offer is something worth considering.

Can you buy liquor at either one? I seem to remember they are in dry counties (gotta love the legacy ass backward blue laws). If you can is there anything special to be had at either distillery that you can't find elsewhere?

Jack is more entertaining if you have the wife or family in tow. Dickel may well be more interesting if you actually want to learn about the Tennessee style whisky making process.

Yes you can buy special edition bottles at JD (white rabbit saloon, master distiller bottle-both of which are higher proof 86 and 90 I believe)and you can get the regular Dickel bottles there. JD now has a tasting tour for $10 I believe where you get a little longer tour and get to taste JD Black, Gentleman and JDSB (they still have a free tour with no tastings). Dickel was getting ready to start tastings there also although not sure if they have yet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.