Best Rye Reviews

Alden
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am a big fan of rye whiskey. I have all of those named in the article except for the RR. I absolutely love Handy--fortunately, that is the one member of the BTAC that is always available to purchase around here. I have gone through several bottles of Ritt and Bulleit and like them both quite a bit. I probably have a slight lean to the latter (even though I have several bottles of the Ritt bunkered).

I still haven't managed to snag a bottle of Saz 18. I passed up a bottle last year, and I still kick myself over that. However, the only reason I passed was that I was walking it the door with 2 bottles of WLW. I went back a few days later and it was gone.

I have a couple of High West ryes that I enjoy, but I my taste seems to run counter to most when it comes to Whistle Pig. I pounced on a bottle a while back when I happened upon it based upon the glowing reviews that I had read. However, I just don't really care for it. I've tried to like it, but have not succeeded.

Edited by Cigar Dan

Oh I'll drink any of them if they're free, the only ones I would buy are Rittenhouse or Wild Turkey.

Edited by squire

Good selection, but swapping out the WT and the Michter's and adding one of the High West Ryes and Knob Creek Rye would have made it a better, broader one.

I've had all the ones mentioned except Whistle Pig, and the only ones I buy now are the RR and the VWFRR, when available.

If Saz 18 is not too price gouged, I'd probably pop for it, too.

Oh I'll drink any of them if they're free, the only ones I would buy are Rittenhouse or Wild Turkey.

What?! Did I hear that right? Neither one of these are Beam yellow label. The room is spinning!

Beam Yellow label happens to be the only rye sold in our small town.

It's about the only one I can consistently find where I live too. I think it's very tasty.

I'm a rye fan, although I haven't had the pleasure of trying many of these. I did try WhistlePig earlier this week, and was underwhelmed (especially considering the price). For 10 yrs, I found it unimpressive. Although - I'm a guy who loves Handy and thinks Saz 18 is underwhelming (if that helps disclose my taste).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.