Green Spot Single Pot Still Irish - Today

Gillman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have also recently seen Knockeen Hills "Farmers Strength" (120 proof) poteen available on the shelf in Atlanta but have never tried it.

Midleton Very Rare is available in the U.S. too.

It is, but I was thinking it might be more reasonably priced in Ireland.

Writer's Tears is great value at the duty free! Until recently the easy answer to this question was Power's John's Lane, so I hope you already have some of that now that it is on our shores.

Nope. It may be available somewhere in KY, but not in Lex and not at TPS. Like I said, our Irish selection is lacking. That had been mentioned by others elsewhere however, so I may just have one brought back.

I had a couple pours this weekend. Tasty and enjoyable. Better than I remembered the last Canadian release.

Edited by DeanSheen
wrong phrasing

On the contrary, when I was there is May 2012 everything that you can get here is more expensive there. Even after taking into account VAT, duty free, etc. I would still buy it here if you can.

To the poster's earlier question though, there are a number of special bottlings at the World of Whiskey at the Dublin airport that you can't get here.

Just an fyi for shopping comparisons...here is a link to the duty free prices:

*Today the conversion is 1.30 dollar to euro

http://www.theloop.ie/c/141

Greenspot E46.50

Greenore single grain E29.95

Dungourney Premium Irish Whiskey E 500.....wow, I don't know about this one. An Old Middleton 30 yr whiskey.

Inish Turk Beg Premium Whiskey E 155.....another I have not heard about.

Midleton Rare Premium Irish E 149 ($193.70)....I did buy it cheaper in the US $133 (a 50th birthday present to my brother in law).

Can't speak to Ireland but I found Middleton VR to be cheaper here than in duty free in England, even without the VAT charge. And it is probably 750ml here as compared to 700ml there. I find it locally for about $125 or so. Unfortunately I did not know that when I bought one on a trip last year. Now I do and it is not one I will buy again when I travel!

Inish Turk Beg Premium Whiskey E 155.....another I have not heard about.

]/QUOTE]

This is a bit of an oddball. The whiskey is likely not all that special but it comes in a very attractive bottle. It is Cooley sourced single malt (age unclear) that was finished in poitin casks and bottled on a private island off the west coast of Ireland. Not sure the bottler is still in business now so perhaps something of a dusty. But likely paying a significant premium for the fancy packaging.

It is a liter of whiskey at least...

http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/inish-turk-beg-maiden-voyage-whiskey/

http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/Inish_Turk_Beg_Single_Malt-z-product-product-808-context-brand-page-1.htm

Edited by tanstaafl2

• 4 months later...

Richard Nagle who writes Slainte: Irish Whiskey Blog gives an early 2014 time frame for Green Spot coming to the States. One can hope that Yellow is not far behind. Thankfully our generous folk here keep bringing Yellow Spot to the gazebo...along with the Green, PJL, RB's and others.

Oh and Paddy Bee Sting Liqueur coming too ;).

Richard Nagle who writes Slainte: Irish Whiskey Blog gives an early 2014 time frame for Green Spot coming to the States. One can hope that Yellow is not far behind. Thankfully our generous folk here keep bringing Yellow Spot to the gazebo...along with the Green, PJL, RB's and others.

Oh and Paddy Bee Sting Liqueur coming too ;).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.