Whisky Documentary: Islay

ChainWhip
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Saw this on Reddit:

http://youtu.be/4bFwABaP3Ts

It does a pretty good job going over the basics of whisky production for us n00bs - almost comes off as a "commercial-ish" (especially the tasting sections) for the distilleries on the island.

The distillery talking heads give some good info/data on the process as well.

Edited by ChainWhip

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this. The post-production is pretty cheesy, but there is a lot of detail offered as well. Most of the interviews are really good too.

Pretty fantastic. A nice video primer for your friends that are unfamiliar with Islay.

Thanks for posting that, CDub. I really enjoyed it.

However, if I were a cask in Jim McEwan's rickhouse, I'd be nervous...:lol:

Edited by smokinjoe

Thanks for posting that, CDub. I really enjoyed it.

However, if I was a cask in Jim McEwan's rickhouse, I'd be nervous...:lol:

Who's turn is it in the barrel? =]b

Yeah... Jim's got an almost unhealthy way of describing his "women".

Another good one, Joe. Thanks for sharing.

Interesting that not one person in either of these two shows ever used the term "juice". Hmmmmm...;)

That's interesting but I like this one a little better since it covers several styles of whiskey including bourbon. This came out in 2009 or so and features John Hansell throughout. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1ZSNg826Cg

that was great. Thanks for posting it. Now I want to try some of the micro we have here where I live after seeing the Colorado distillery.

After re-watching that I think I may have posted the wrong video. I think there may have been a series of these on the History Channel and the one I remember pertaining to this thread went into more detail about Laphroig in particular. As a long time bourbon drinker I decided I needed to broaden my horizons (after seeing it when it originally aired) and buy a bottle of Laph 10 (only ~$30 a few years ago). Let's just say that my horizons are as narrow as ever, but it was still a very interesting video. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it.

Edited by smknjoe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.