Wow... they actually listened to me....

Alden
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I asked my local small LS that is 5 minutes away if they thought they could get some more ryes and some 4Roses, and I went in today, and they had Bulliet rye, and the big 1.5 ltr of 4Roses yellow label, and even 4R Small Batch too!

I am shocked.

They are all way over priced, except maybe the big 4R YL which they want $33.00 for, but still...

They probably recognized that whiskey obsessed crazed look in your eyes as you frantically paced the aisles,and thought damn this guy may spend some money, lets hook a brother up.:lol:

It's been said before, and is always worth repeating.

The absolute best thing that you can do is to make friends with your local whiskey monger. Bar none!!!

In time, you will be amazed at what will come of it.

B

They also got in some Eagle Rare.

What do you think of that one? I seem to recall it is very like Buffalo Trace?

Regardless of what you think of their prices, if you don't buy what you asked for then don't expect them to follow your lead in the future.

Regardless of what you think of their prices, if you don't buy what you asked for then don't expect them to follow your lead in the future.

I know, I know... I'll probably buy that big 4RYL. I owe that much to them.

I know, I know... I'll probably buy that big 4RYL. I owe that much to them.

That's a pretty good price for an easy drinker. Lord knows a family size of 4RYL wouldn't last very long in my house.

Well I went out there today and picked up a Big Fambly Sized 1.75 liter of 4 Roses. Since I am the only one in my fambly that drinks, this will last me a long long time.

I talked to the manager. He said he saw the note with 4 Roses on it, and made some phone calls, and that's why they now have two different kinds of it on the shelf.

I told him I appreciated it a lot. He smiled. Called me "Brother", as he gave me my change. :)

Hey, it absolutely is a great idea to ask, then to patronize those who answer!!! :rolleyes:

Well, I got the WT rye, but the 101 was gone.

So I got the 81.

Should have moved faster I guess.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.